or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 598

post #8956 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post
#doghouse

 

Been there. :)

post #8957 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Been there. smile.gif
Is 8 pairs in 11 months excessive? Really?
post #8958 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Is 8 pairs in 11 months excessive? Really?

Not really.
post #8959 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post


Is 8 pairs in 11 months excessive? Really?

 

Pfft.  Barely enough to get by. :D

post #8960 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post

Not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Pfft.  Barely enough to get by. biggrin.gif

Please excuse me if I don't accept you 2 Gents POV as necessarily the way to go! biggrin.gif
post #8961 of 20218
Yeah Oz, u are just getting by according to SF icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #8962 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Yeah Oz, u are just getting by according to SF icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Haha! Need to up my game! Bought 2 Conrad Wu ties, I don't even wear ties!!
post #8963 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Pfft.  Barely enough to get by. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post

Not really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post


Please excuse me if I don't accept you 2 Gents POV as necessarily the way to go! biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Yeah Oz, u are just getting by according to SF icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

8 pairs in 11 months? At that rate would you qualify for some public assistance? I think NAMOR should have that much coming in between now and the end of the year. satisfied.gif
post #8964 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post




8 pairs in 11 months? At that rate would you qualify for some public assistance? I think NAMOR should have that much coming in between now and the end of the year. satisfied.gif
Hey, I'm not proud! UK 8.5 donations gratefully received! biggrin.gif
post #8965 of 20218
SF will have you buying sh*t you didn't think you need or want
post #8966 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

SF will have you buying sh*t you didn't think you need or want

 

Damn straight.  But I need Vass. :)

post #8967 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

SF will have you buying sh*t you didn't think you need or want
I think the problem is it makes you think you want and need sh*t that you probably don't.
I do need more Vass tho!
Edit: Sorry G, just realised I wrote pretty much what you said! Its been a loooooonng day!!
post #8968 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm31 View Post

Would be nice to confirm. I had been led to believe (by someone from Vass who's english is not perfect, so I may have misinterpreted) that they don't make it anymore.

Can you describe how the last fits?

Re: Banana. I have only two pairs in this last, so I can't say a whole lot.

For a given size number, it is the widest last. But surprisingly, the instep height is not particularly high. The asymmetry is pronounced, but there is not a lot of arch support The waist is not narrow as in Alden's Modified last.
post #8969 of 20218
Does anyone have comparison vass u and F last vs the rain last? (I have the F, but not the U, and I want to compare the chisel in reference to the U last and Rain last)
post #8970 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Does anyone have comparison vass u and F last vs the rain last? (I have the F, but not the U, and I want to compare the chisel in reference to the U last and Rain last)

 

Well if you have the F, you know all you need to know about the U.  Heel, instep and forefoot are essentially the same.  The toe box in narrower in U.  In K, it is narrower still.  The three last are essentially the same but for the toe box.

 

As far as chisel goes, U and Rain are very similar - but I'd say U is a bit sharper / more chiseled.  But it's close.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)