^^^ Very nice. I am long past due for adding a Vass boot to the collection.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 2:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 590post #8836 of 1996111/3/13 at 7:01ampost #8837 of 1996111/4/13 at 2:06am
Hello everybody. I'm new to Styleforum and I think it's a good place to make one of my 1st posts. After owning French (Weston) and Italian (Moreschi, Di Meglia, Santoni...) shoes, I took the chance to buy these Vass Oxfords in Bordeaux calf size 41F from a fellow SF member. Nice construction and fit like a glove! Would somebody tell me what model it is?post #8838 of 1996111/4/13 at 3:52ampost #8839 of 1996111/4/13 at 5:06amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Looks like the "Italian Oxford" - model number 63 on the website, on the F last. Here. Which is technically an adelaide rather than a true oxford, But now I'm just being pedantic.
Also, gorgeous. Well done.
Thanks very much for the info!
Being an italian style shoe lover, it made sense I picked these as they are in similar shape to a few of my wholecuts. much thicker single sole though on the Vass..post #8840 of 1996111/4/13 at 5:09amQuote:
The sole look thicker than the image on the website too. Is a HAF sole maybe? (double to single)post #8841 of 1996111/4/13 at 6:35ampost #8842 of 1996111/4/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Could be wrong, but isn't that single tapered to double sole?
Nice buy btw!post #8843 of 1996111/4/13 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by stmaier
here are some Alt Wien boots that arrived the other day...P2 last, burgundy cordovan...larger "classic" medallion...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are really beautiful. I only have burgundy shell as an accent on a pair of Vass, but it seems like the handle the color very nicely.
Are these on a single sole?post #8844 of 1996111/4/13 at 7:53amQuote:
yup...single sole...I think burgundy shell is the perfect color for the Alt Wien design...post #8845 of 1996111/4/13 at 8:15ampost #8846 of 1996111/4/13 at 10:50ampost #8847 of 1996111/4/13 at 3:02pmQuote:
Thanks! Very happy with the buy.
The sole looks very thick so I have to check if it's in fact a double sole. Not wearing them today but these beautiful wholecuts from Di Mella Napoli, bought from Vittorio at Morigi. Have the black and cognac and of course matching belts :-)post #8848 of 1996111/4/13 at 3:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by OzzyJones
The sole look thicker than the image on the website too. Is a HAF sole maybe? (double to single)
It's definitely a double sole. I can't see the waist, so I don't know if it transitions to a single there. But underfoot, it's a double.post #8849 of 1996111/4/13 at 3:48pmpost #8850 of 1996111/4/13 at 3:50pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 41 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...