^^^ Very nice. I am long past due for adding a Vass boot to the collection.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 6:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 2/2/16 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 590post #8836 of 1852211/3/13 at 7:01am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8837 of 1852211/4/13 at 2:06am
Hello everybody. I'm new to Styleforum and I think it's a good place to make one of my 1st posts. After owning French (Weston) and Italian (Moreschi, Di Meglia, Santoni...) shoes, I took the chance to buy these Vass Oxfords in Bordeaux calf size 41F from a fellow SF member. Nice construction and fit like a glove! Would somebody tell me what model it is?post #8838 of 1852211/4/13 at 3:52ampost #8839 of 1852211/4/13 at 5:06amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Looks like the "Italian Oxford" - model number 63 on the website, on the F last. Here. Which is technically an adelaide rather than a true oxford, But now I'm just being pedantic.
Also, gorgeous. Well done.
Thanks very much for the info!
Being an italian style shoe lover, it made sense I picked these as they are in similar shape to a few of my wholecuts. much thicker single sole though on the Vass..post #8840 of 1852211/4/13 at 5:09amQuote:
The sole look thicker than the image on the website too. Is a HAF sole maybe? (double to single)post #8841 of 1852211/4/13 at 6:35ampost #8842 of 1852211/4/13 at 7:32amQuote:
Could be wrong, but isn't that single tapered to double sole?
Nice buy btw!post #8843 of 1852211/4/13 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by stmaier
here are some Alt Wien boots that arrived the other day...P2 last, burgundy cordovan...larger "classic" medallion...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These are really beautiful. I only have burgundy shell as an accent on a pair of Vass, but it seems like the handle the color very nicely.
Are these on a single sole?post #8844 of 1852211/4/13 at 7:53amQuote:
yup...single sole...I think burgundy shell is the perfect color for the Alt Wien design...post #8845 of 1852211/4/13 at 8:15ampost #8846 of 1852211/4/13 at 10:50ampost #8847 of 1852211/4/13 at 3:02pmQuote:
Thanks! Very happy with the buy.
The sole looks very thick so I have to check if it's in fact a double sole. Not wearing them today but these beautiful wholecuts from Di Mella Napoli, bought from Vittorio at Morigi. Have the black and cognac and of course matching belts :-)post #8848 of 1852211/4/13 at 3:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by OzzyJones
The sole look thicker than the image on the website too. Is a HAF sole maybe? (double to single)
It's definitely a double sole. I can't see the waist, so I don't know if it transitions to a single there. But underfoot, it's a double.post #8849 of 1852211/4/13 at 3:48pm
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Velasca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...