Well that's your point, and you're welcome to it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 8:35 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 1:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 543post #8131 of 185489/13/13 at 1:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8132 of 185489/13/13 at 3:03pm
Now ask him what he thinks of Grand Seiko. :)
I like your shoes, Roger, as you know. My only negative on the "goyser" stitching in general is that I'd like smaller stitches; looks neater. I guess Norwegian might be the way to go. But in general, I think if you're the kind of guy who wears tricolour spectators, you are equally able to say "and look at my goyser stitching and weep you motherfuckers, AND my Snowflake too...bite me!" Which I rather like about you. Along with your excellent taste in suits.post #8133 of 185489/13/13 at 3:20pmpost #8134 of 185489/13/13 at 3:32pmpost #8135 of 185489/13/13 at 3:38pmpost #8136 of 185489/13/13 at 10:27pmpost #8137 of 185489/14/13 at 5:32ampost #8138 of 185489/14/13 at 5:36amQuote:From my experience only another gentleman who has an affinity for handmade shoes will ever notice the double or tri-color stitching on your oxfords or derby's as it would reflect a personal preference for quality footwear and a general sense of style and comfort.Originally Posted by mimo
Now ask him what he thinks of Grand Seiko.
I like your shoes, Roger, as you know. My only negative on the "goyser" stitching in general is that I'd like smaller stitches; looks neater. I guess Norwegian might be the way to go. But in general, I think if you're the kind of guy who wears tricolour spectators, you are equally able to say "and look at my goyser stitching and weep you motherfuckers, AND my Snowflake too...bite me!" Which I rather like about you. Along with your excellent taste in suits.post #8139 of 185489/18/13 at 12:23pmpost #8140 of 185489/18/13 at 12:24pmpost #8141 of 185489/18/13 at 12:57pmpost #8142 of 185489/18/13 at 1:03pmQuote:
both are fine choices. you may want to go with the double monk if you want cordovan. Mr. Vass prefers to use calf for the Norweger. He felt the seams were a bit too thick using cordovan. I know they have done Norweger's in cordovan in the past but that was the response I got when I inquired about a Norweger boot in cordovan.post #8143 of 185489/18/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
Base on your style, your work, your wardrobe and the shape of your foot, I say Norwerger in saddle shell, P2 last.
Double monks will work as well.
:)post #8144 of 185489/18/13 at 2:09pmQuote:
Very different shoes - none better than the other, just different. Pick the one that would be the best fit for your existing shoe wardrobe.post #8145 of 185489/18/13 at 2:11pm
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 6 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 23 seconds ago
- › 3sixteen Cream Crosscut Flannel XL - slightly used 26 seconds ago
- › VINTAGE SCHOTT PERFECTO 618 SIZE 40 GOOD CONDITION 26 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1