or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 531

post #7951 of 20221
Both are on the F last;the austerity brogue is a 40.5 actually smile.gif I keep it as stock
post #7952 of 20221
Double post
post #7953 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorsquad View Post

Both are on the F last;the austerity brogue is a 40.5 actually smile.gif I keep it as stock

 

It looks incredibly long in the photo. Must be the angle.

post #7954 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post

 

It looks incredibly long in the photo. Must be the angle.

 

The F last makes it look that way.  Low vamp and low toebox combined with high tongue area.

post #7955 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonggoy View Post

 

The F last makes it look that way.  Low vamp and low toebox combined with high tongue area.


Maybe my instep is low. From my perspective, F has a high vamp and toebox. At size 41.5, my F last seems rather stubby.

 

I have the weird problem of the shoes hitting my ankles without any insole. Can't be an instep problem, right? As far as I know, my feet are pretty normal.

post #7956 of 20221
I had seen someone mention that Vass is currently on vacation. Is this true and do we know when they will be back?
post #7957 of 20221

It is only the factory that is on a break.  The shop and sales email are open.
 

post #7958 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

It is only the factory that is on a break.  The shop and sales email are open.

so I could place a MTO but it wouldnt be started til the factory reopens. I'm looking to get some shoes for my wedding at the end of October and want to make sure they would be done in time. Anyone know when they reopen and what the usual lead time is til the shoes get shipped?
post #7959 of 20221
6-8 weeks from order to completion
post #7960 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

6-8 weeks from order to completion

Mine did take exactly four weeks, the same is true for the remake.
post #7961 of 20221
New Vass in action for a father / daughter picnic on this nice, cool Summer evening.

post #7962 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post


Are those pairs on one of the Peter lasts or is this what the F last looks like for greater sizes?
(I am only an EU39.5 in Vass F wink.gif)


Hi Louis, would you be so kind as to provide the length and width measurements to your 39.5F?  I am trying to nail down my UK6 size in F and U and based on other forummers' feedbacks, 40F is too big and 39.5U seems to be too short and narrow.  Vass sizing is confusing. 

post #7963 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post


Maybe my instep is low. From my perspective, F has a high vamp and toebox. At size 41.5, my F last seems rather stubby.

 

I have the weird problem of the shoes hitting my ankles without any insole. Can't be an instep problem, right? As far as I know, my feet are pretty normal.


Very likely the quarters are too high for your feet or you have pronation/supination.  If you have uneven heel wear, it is the later.

post #7964 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post


Hi Louis, would you be so kind as to provide the length and width measurements to your 39.5F?  I am trying to nail down my UK6 size in F and U and based on other forummers' feedbacks, 40F is too big and 39.5U seems to be too short and narrow.  Vass sizing is confusing. 

 

What I believe is that Vass shoes tend to fluctuate by about half a size. On top of whatever size is recommended to you here, I would say go for the bigger size and get an insole ready. Otherwise, there is always an option of having the shoes re-lasted, of course with the additional cost of shipping.

post #7965 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post

Just go up 0.5 size up from F, if your F last fits well.
Therein lies my problem; I don't own any. So, I have nothing to compare it to. In C&J, I wear a UK9 in both 337 and 348 (tight at first width-wise, but gives nicely to form a great fit), Based on this, it sounds like I should go to a 43.5 on the U last (UK9.5 equivalent).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post

What I believe is that Vass shoes tend to fluctuate by about half a size. On top of whatever size is recommended to you here, I would say go for the bigger size and get an insole ready. Otherwise, there is always an option of having the shoes re-lasted, of course with the additional cost of shipping.
Agreed (regarding erring on the side of bigger). I bought a pair of Battistoni shoes and 8.5 were tight and short and the 9's fit well, if slightly too much volume. After wearing the shoes ~6 months, the shoes got too loose for my liking. I tried cheapo Dr Scholl's and even the thinnest ones were too thick. I tried thinner leather ones and they were too narrow and constantly shifting. Finally, I asked my cobbler to cut leather and tack them down to take out some of the shoe's volume.

When I picked them up, at first I thought he forgot to do the insoles (had the heels replaced too). He showed me that he did indeed do them. The color of the leather that he used matched the OEM insole. And, he removed the half liner on the footbed (the one that had the manufacturer's name on it) and reinstalled it over the new leather insole. When I asked him about it, his reply was, "They're really nice shoes and I wanted them to stay that way."

I gave him a 30% tip...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)