Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 8:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 1/19/17 at 3:58am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 524post #7846 of 205688/8/13 at 6:38ampost #7847 of 205688/8/13 at 6:41amQuote:
F is their standard width. You can order E (narrow) or G (wide), and also H (very wide), but the last they don't recommend on some lasts since the proportions change too much.post #7848 of 205688/8/13 at 8:30amQuote:post #7849 of 205688/8/13 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by chogall
Wouldn't touch anything navy; its a #menswear fad like those camouflage fabric blogger short blazers back in '08. The only acceptable navy shoes are navy suede drivers.
OE2 is great, oxblood and black both works well. I would skip the Italian Oxford since the adelaide pattern by Vass is already goofy. Not sure how French oxford would look since there's no toe pattern weighing down on the balmoral line; and being a new pattern, how it will look stretched to a wide/G or double wide/F fitting.
Black will always look good with mid to dark colored suits in shades of gray and navy.
I realise that acceptable shoe colours can be affected by a person's location and by the type of work that they do, but interestingly enough, my father owned a pair of navy shoes in London and then in Australia in the 1950s and 1960s.
They were a very conservative design, being just a plain captoe balmoral.
When I was a teenager and shopping for some "proper" shoes in the 1990s, my father told me about how he had a pair of navy shoes when he was younger and, at the time, I was revolted - I thought that men's shoes should only ever be black and brown (and dark brown, at that!).
Dad disagreed - he said that a pair of dark navy shoes went very well with a navy suit, just as a pair of black shoes went very well with a dark charcoal suit. From the way that he explained, back when he bought his navy shoes in London in the 1950s, it wasn't exactly a widespread colour, but neither was it unheard of or only limited to dandies.
I just couldn't conceive of it at the time but now I'm much more open to the idea of a conservatively-styled pair of navy shoes.post #7850 of 205688/8/13 at 11:09ampost #7851 of 205688/8/13 at 11:47ampost #7852 of 205688/8/13 at 12:01pmpost #7853 of 205688/8/13 at 12:04pmpost #7854 of 205688/8/13 at 12:52pmpost #7855 of 205688/8/13 at 12:58pmpost #7856 of 205688/8/13 at 1:20pmpost #7857 of 205688/8/13 at 2:23pmpost #7858 of 205688/8/13 at 3:11pmso now that you've helped me settle on the OE II in oxblood, time to figure out sizing. I'm an 8 EEE in pretty much all Allen Edmonds. When I emailed Rezso, he said a 44 was equal to a UK 10, so I assume that would mean a 41 would be a UK 7/US 8. But other charts show a 41 as a US 8.5. My original plan had been to get a 41G until I found out they could do an H.
So can anyone help with the sizing, as it seems I could be either a 40H, 40.5H or 41H?post #7859 of 205688/8/13 at 3:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by rc121
so now that you've helped me settle on the OE II in oxblood, time to figure out sizing. I'm an 8 EEE in pretty much all Allen Edmonds. When I emailed Rezso, he said a 44 was equal to a UK 10, so I assume that would mean a 41 would be a UK 7/US 8. But other charts show a 41 as a US 8.5. My original plan had been to get a 41G until I found out they could do an H.
So can anyone help with the sizing, as it seems I could be either a 40H, 40.5H or 41H?
I did an MTOs for my friends who wear 7UK wide and he got 40.5G (wide) on U last. He wears it a little snug but told me it was a good fit.
Hope that helps. Cheerspost #7860 of 205688/8/13 at 5:36pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Trunk Club "custom" suiting quality? 49 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 15 minutes ago
- › Can I wear brown oxfords with jeans? 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...