or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 520

post #7786 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Beutiful shoe!

I did not size up on the U-last, but went to a G width insted. Fit is perfect. In my experience the insteps are similar in F and U, also lenght and general width. The "narrowing" towards the toe starts "earlier" however.

Interesting. Thought the general consensus is to size up half from F last to U last.
post #7787 of 20218

Is it difficult to get a MTO done directly from Vass, and what's the price range for their shoes and boots?


Edited by Joshua Lee - 8/1/13 at 10:35pm
post #7788 of 20218
Thanks a lot. You deleted my thought for going for 40 as I wear UK 7 in both C&J and Merrmin. So, I should at least for for 40.5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarium View Post

The U last fits me perfectly. I don't know what size I wear for the F last since my only experience with it is with two pairs of size 41 shoes that never fit me properly, but if I were to get a pair made on that last I'd get it done in size 40.

The other last that fits me as well as Vass' U is Meermin's Olfe. I take a UK 6.5. I also take a 6.5 for Meermin's Ama last.

I have two pairs of C&Js -- Westfield and Belgrave that I also wear 6.5 in, but those don't really fit me all that well and are uncomfortable to wear for extended periods. I attribute this to simply the lasts being unsuitable for my feet, because size-wise they're correct.
post #7789 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Beutiful shoe!

I did not size up on the U-last, but went to a G width insted. Fit is perfect. In my experience the insteps are similar in F and U, also lenght and general width. The "narrowing" towards the toe starts "earlier" however.
Yes. I am also thinking whether I should go up in size or width. Now I will try the former one to achieve a sleeker shape.
post #7790 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Beutiful shoe!

I did not size up on the U-last, but went to a G width insted. Fit is perfect. In my experience the insteps are similar in F and U, also lenght and general width. The "narrowing" towards the toe starts "earlier" however.

I do not have any Us but tried it at the store and if I were to buy, I would buy the same size as I do for the F.

Are those gold museums from Vass?? They are STUNNIng! What model is that if you don't mind me asking?
post #7791 of 20218
Melton in F last single sole by vass
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcideneb View Post

I do not have any Us but tried it at the store and if I were to buy, I would buy the same size as I do for the F.

Are those gold museums from Vass?? They are STUNNIng! What model is that if you don't mind me asking?
post #7792 of 20218

I wear the same size in U and F.  Never even heard the suggestion of altering size as between these lasts until now.

post #7793 of 20218
Just received these F last G width.



post #7794 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I wear the same size in U and F.  Never even heard the suggestion of altering size as between these lasts until now.
Rezsö suggested that I should go 0.5 size up in U vs F at first, but later came back and said that Mr Vass suggested to start by trying the same size as in F last. Since the 41F I had in F last was tight I sent the measurement of my metatarsal width on my dominant foot and he changed his recommendation to 41G, which in the fit me perfect.
post #7795 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

It would help me sir if I knew what your foot measured on the brannock device in US sizing.

I am an 8.5 in US sizing on the brannock. Hope this helps
post #7796 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

Just received these F last G width.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
/SPOILER]

wear in good health your suede chukkas
post #7797 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Lee View Post

Is it difficult to get a MTO done directly from Vass, and what's the price range for their shoes and boots?

 

It's quite easy if you know your size in the the VASS last you are interested in.  You email Reszo. Give him the details of your order (last, size, design).  He sends you a quote.  You wire money to him.  Wait around 8 to 12 weeks.  Receive your shoes.  Post in this thread.  

 

With MTO, you are better off emailing Reszo as price is very material dependent (calf, shell, calf museum).  

post #7798 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonggoy View Post

It's quite easy if you know your size in the the VASS last you are interested in.  You email Reszo. Give him the details of your order (last, size, design).  He sends you a quote.  You wire money to him.  Wait around 8 to 12 weeks.  Receive your shoes.  Post in this thread.  

With MTO, you are better off emailing Reszo as price is very material dependent (calf, shell, calf museum).  
And if you aren't sure about size, Rezsö is happy to assist in advising you.
I've done two MTO's this year and production time has been around six weeks in both cases.
post #7799 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonggoy View Post

It's quite easy if you know your size in the the VASS last you are interested in.  You email Reszo. Give him the details of your order (last, size, design).  He sends you a quote.  You wire money to him.  Wait around 8 to 12 weeks.  Receive your shoes.  Post in this thread.  

With MTO, you are better off emailing Reszo as price is very material dependent (calf, shell, calf museum).  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

And if you aren't sure about size, Rezsö is happy to assist in advising you.
I've done two MTO's this year and production time has been around six weeks in both cases.

Has anyone heard from Reszo? Is there a specific email address besides the general VASS email? No response yet.
post #7800 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post


Has anyone heard from Reszo? Is there a specific email address besides the general VASS email? No response yet.

I just heard from him today. He's having a problem with his laptop and told me that he wouldn't be able to respond to emails regularly before Wednesday of next week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)