My original query was over 12 months ago..and I jogged their memory before Xmas..but no news.... Maybe they have re-hired the same person that used to do this stitching.....would be good to see Vass making this to compete with the EG Nevis/Dover & JL Chambard model.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 1:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 9:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 506
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7577 of 185827/1/13 at 6:45amQuote:
Thanks...I may give it a go then...post #7578 of 185827/1/13 at 6:47ampost #7579 of 185827/1/13 at 6:49ampost #7580 of 185827/1/13 at 6:59amQuote:
They have the Osloer...which is almost like the Alden NST...protruded stitch...
These are the pics I sent over
The very close up is actually a EG for RLPL from a couple of years agopost #7581 of 185827/1/13 at 8:51ampost #7582 of 185827/1/13 at 8:58ampost #7583 of 185827/1/13 at 12:58pmQuote:
I have tried this now; completely impossible. Are you sure you are wearing the correct size (is the vamp closing sufficiently around your shoe)?post #7584 of 185827/2/13 at 4:01amQuote:post #7585 of 185827/2/13 at 4:51pmpost #7586 of 185827/2/13 at 5:53pmQuote:
If a UK 8 = 42 Eu and UK 7 = 41...sounds about right to me.....post #7587 of 185827/2/13 at 9:56pmQuote:
I am normaly a "small" 8 UK. Was recommended a 42 in F-last. Turned out too big. Had them replaced with 41, which were on the tight side initially but that fit me well after some usage.post #7588 of 185827/3/13 at 3:50amQuote:
My foot size is UK 5.5 true to size. I have F last 38.5 (normal width) Old English 2 which is still 0.5 size too big. My next order is 38 on narrow width last.
My foot is relatively narrow at ball joint and heel but instep is high. I hope this helps.post #7589 of 185827/3/13 at 4:31amQuote:UK6 and got an F in 40 and it was too big (instep was high). Haven't gotten an encore shoe yet. Thinking going 39 with the F or 39.5 with the U next time.
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 33 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 7 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?