Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 8:35 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 1:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 505post #7561 of 185516/29/13 at 12:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7562 of 185516/29/13 at 12:18ampost #7563 of 185516/29/13 at 4:03amQuote:
Did you get the lasts of each of the Norwegers? That would be an interesting exhibit.
Also, are the shell Budapesters deliberately 2-tone, or is that natural variation?
The soles-- straight single/double, or is there some intermediate width?post #7564 of 185516/29/13 at 6:23ampost #7565 of 185516/29/13 at 6:52ampost #7566 of 185516/29/13 at 6:59ampost #7567 of 185516/29/13 at 7:21ampost #7568 of 185516/29/13 at 7:32ampost #7569 of 185516/29/13 at 9:14amQuote:
I have a 45 in the New Peter as an 11D US. Does that help? Happy to try to answer questions on this here or via PM.post #7570 of 185516/29/13 at 10:42ampost #7571 of 185516/29/13 at 12:51pmpost #7572 of 185517/1/13 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs
99% sure - for stitches around that awkward part of the leather no machine can handle.
The upper stitches on my EG Dover takes a skilled craftsman 3 hours to complete 1 pair, using pigs bristle and fine needles.
I asked Vass if they can attempt something similar to resemble the Dover stitches - I am still waiting for feedback.
Did you hear back from them on this? I really like the EG Nevis (essentially the boot version of the Dover) and am wondering if Vass can make something similar.post #7573 of 185517/1/13 at 6:28amQuote:post #7574 of 185517/1/13 at 6:31amQuote:
Interesting, just heard back from Rezso and he said it should not be a problem. I even included pics of the Nevis with close ups of the stitching...wondering if they have something else in mind....
Was it hand stitching they could not do? Want to make sure I know what I may be receiving if I go ahead with an order based on the email saying it would not be a problem...post #7575 of 185517/1/13 at 6:33amQuote:
If I am not mistaken, most if not all of those Norwergers are on P2 last. The boots are U last.
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 1206 Active Users (202 Members and 1004 Guests)
- › Things you just don't get 58 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...