Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 3/24/17 at 3:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 11:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 505post #7561 of 209156/29/13 at 12:07ampost #7562 of 209156/29/13 at 12:18ampost #7563 of 209156/29/13 at 4:03amQuote:
Did you get the lasts of each of the Norwegers? That would be an interesting exhibit.
Also, are the shell Budapesters deliberately 2-tone, or is that natural variation?
The soles-- straight single/double, or is there some intermediate width?post #7564 of 209156/29/13 at 6:23ampost #7565 of 209156/29/13 at 6:52ampost #7566 of 209156/29/13 at 6:59ampost #7567 of 209156/29/13 at 7:21ampost #7568 of 209156/29/13 at 7:32ampost #7569 of 209156/29/13 at 9:14amQuote:
I have a 45 in the New Peter as an 11D US. Does that help? Happy to try to answer questions on this here or via PM.post #7570 of 209156/29/13 at 10:42ampost #7571 of 209156/29/13 at 12:51pmpost #7572 of 209157/1/13 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs
99% sure - for stitches around that awkward part of the leather no machine can handle.
The upper stitches on my EG Dover takes a skilled craftsman 3 hours to complete 1 pair, using pigs bristle and fine needles.
I asked Vass if they can attempt something similar to resemble the Dover stitches - I am still waiting for feedback.
Did you hear back from them on this? I really like the EG Nevis (essentially the boot version of the Dover) and am wondering if Vass can make something similar.post #7573 of 209157/1/13 at 6:28amQuote:post #7574 of 209157/1/13 at 6:31amQuote:
Interesting, just heard back from Rezso and he said it should not be a problem. I even included pics of the Nevis with close ups of the stitching...wondering if they have something else in mind....
Was it hand stitching they could not do? Want to make sure I know what I may be receiving if I go ahead with an order based on the email saying it would not be a problem...post #7575 of 209157/1/13 at 6:33amQuote:
If I am not mistaken, most if not all of those Norwergers are on P2 last. The boots are U last.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1506 Active Users (291 Members and 1215 Guests)
- › Is it possible to watch YouTube through a proxy? 10 seconds ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...