Thanks everyone, Dpp the color is saddle shell, a bit darker than the original color.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/12/16 at 1:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 6:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 488post #7306 of 186056/2/13 at 6:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7307 of 186056/2/13 at 9:37pmpost #7308 of 186056/3/13 at 5:22amQuote:Originally Posted by tcideneb
Thanks to those who replied. I another question - just bought 2 pairs and was toying with the idea of not putting any rubber on the soles. For those who don't, how long do the soles actually last? I know this is very subjective but If anyone could advise I would be greatfull. I have 2-3 pairs so at a minimum each pair gets used twice a week.. I also take public transport to and from work, although there is considerable walking I wouldn't call it excessive.. If anyone has a similar experience and could share your thoughts?
All my shoes are topied. I must say that the rubber put on by Vass is solid, especially since they nail the rubber to the sole at the toe tip.
I don't have experience with the leather sole as I always get the rubber added.post #7309 of 186056/3/13 at 6:15ampost #7310 of 186056/3/13 at 6:38ampost #7311 of 186056/3/13 at 7:06ampost #7312 of 186056/3/13 at 12:14pmpost #7313 of 186056/3/13 at 12:20pmpost #7314 of 186056/3/13 at 12:48pmpost #7315 of 186056/3/13 at 10:15pmHi I visited both the Vass stores yesterday and found everyone very friendly and helpful. I bought a pair of double monks on the k last which is a slightly longer version of the u last. They don't have a lot of models in stock so if you are visiting, it would be better if you order in advance. Cost is 405 euros with shoe trees after 10% discount if paid in cash but no vat refund. Vat refund only available if you pay by credit card and then it's only 13%. Cheers.post #7316 of 186056/3/13 at 11:41pmQuote:How can you get VAT refund? Is it valid in all countries?Originally Posted by Eteo
Hi I visited both the Vass stores yesterday and found everyone very friendly and helpful. I bought a pair of double monks on the k last which is a slightly longer version of the u last. They don't have a lot of models in stock so if you are visiting, it would be better if you order in advance. Cost is 405 euros with shoe trees after 10% discount if paid in cash but no vat refund. Vat refund only available if you pay by credit card and then it's only 13%. Cheers.post #7317 of 186056/4/13 at 12:58ampost #7318 of 186056/4/13 at 6:36ampost #7319 of 186056/4/13 at 7:22am
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 1586 Active Users (343 Members and 1243 Guests)
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 20 seconds ago
- › Help with identifying these ray bans 44 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.