or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 48

post #706 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyare View Post
Quite a long wait, but worth it!


Without a doubt, the nicest modern shoe that Vass makes
post #707 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
you mean people wear there new shoes??

i know, right!
post #708 of 20252
The dark brown suede on the F last is nicely done. Don't think it will work as well in the U last.
post #709 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
The dark brown suede on the F last is nicely done. Don't think it will work as well in the U last.

I think it works like a dream on U-last with Goyser stitching. F-last is nice but it looks much slicker in leather, suede makes it look more bulbous than it is..
post #710 of 20252
Funny how this thread gets so active after the Kolecho shipments! I received my 3 pairs yesterday. One of them fits great. The other two are a bit off right now, but will hopefully work with a bit of re-jiggering (insoles, tongue pads, etc.). Fingers crossed! No photos yet, but I grabbed the following:

- U last Chukka in medium brown suede, double leather sole tapering to a single
- F last u-cap in Bordeaux shell cordovan, double leather sole tapering to a single
- New Peter last Norweger in antique cognac, double leather sole in tan with natural stitching
post #711 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by theyare View Post

post #712 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Funny how this thread gets so active after the Kolecho shipments! I received my 3 pairs yesterday. One of them fits great. The other two are a bit off right now, but will hopefully work with a bit of re-jiggering (insoles, tongue pads, etc.). Fingers crossed! No photos yet, but I grabbed the following:

- U last Chukka in medium brown suede, double leather sole tapering to a single
- F last u-cap in Bordeaux shell cordovan, double leather sole tapering to a single
- New Peter last Norweger in antique cognac, double leather sole in tan with natural stitching

PICS.
post #713 of 20252
David, which was the one of the 3 that fit best out of the box? The F last?
post #714 of 20252
Can someone please please please for the benefit of Vass virgins (no homo) like me, explain how to order these beauties. Thanks.
post #715 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Can someone please please please for the benefit of Vass virgins (no homo) like me, explain how to order these beauties. Thanks.

http://www.vass-cipo.hu/Eng/Kapcsolat.html
post #716 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Can someone please please please for the benefit of Vass virgins (no homo) like me, explain how to order these beauties. Thanks.

You can email/call the store. Or you can pay someone else to do it for you.
post #717 of 20252
Ahhhhhhhh awesome. One more dumb question: how do you know exactly what your size will be?
post #718 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Ahhhhhhhh awesome. One more dumb question: how do you know exactly what your size will be?
What answer could there possibly be besides try them on? You can get advice from them on approximate, but how can anyone tell you exactly what size to order?
post #719 of 20252
TRINI - will try to get pics soon, but not sure when.

upnorth - the U last fits me the best, but I already knew it would as I have a 44 U austerity brogue. The tips of my big toes rub a touch against the front of the shoes so I took a gamble and ordered a 44 in F and NP as I didn't think I wanted any less length, but they are definitely roomy all around. A 43.5 probably would be better, but we'll see. Heading back to the office now to wear them around again for a few minutes on the carpet.
post #720 of 20252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
The other two are a bit off right now, but will hopefully work with a bit of re-jiggering (insoles, tongue pads, etc.).

I hate having to re-jigger shoes for fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
TRINI - will try to get pics soon, but not sure when.

upnorth - the U last fits me the best, but I already knew it would as I have a 44 U austerity brogue. The tips of my big toes rub a touch against the front of the shoes so I took a gamble and ordered a 44 in F and NP as I didn't think I wanted any less length, but they are definitely roomy all around. A 43.5 probably would be better, but we'll see. Heading back to the office now to wear them around again for a few minutes on the carpet.

Iirc, most recommend a .5 difference between U and F sizes, i.e. US9 = 42 in the F and 42.5 in the U, with the U being better for those with a more pronounced/higher instep.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)