Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 6:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:32am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 470post #7036 of 197005/15/13 at 12:27pmpost #7037 of 197005/15/13 at 1:38pmpost #7038 of 197005/15/13 at 1:45pmpost #7039 of 197005/15/13 at 1:49pmpost #7040 of 197005/15/13 at 1:59pmpost #7041 of 197005/15/13 at 2:01pmpost #7042 of 197005/15/13 at 2:16pmpost #7043 of 197005/15/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
Same here - I'll go for wholecut in oxblood on the U or K lastQuote:Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson
Wholecuts on U or K are a marvellous choice. I actually think K might be even better for it. I myself am going to order a black clean wholecut on the K-last, don't know in which order I want to go with my coming purchases though so well see when I pull the trigger on those.
I think the picture above, Swede66, is oxblood. In sunlight it looks quite reddish, but indoors when darker they are almost black. Beatiful color.
Dlind, as for a cobbler in Stockholm, Bäckmans are great, but I think that the best one definately is Carina and her collegue at Skomakeri Framåt in Gamla stan.
And about wholecuts creasing, of course they do. But to me that's part of the beauty. I mean shoes do crease, and different models crease differently, that's part of the deal. If you don't want shoes to crease, don't wear them.
Oxblood in W/C so versatile....Quote:Originally Posted by dg626
My first order from Vass! Old English II Oxblood. The photos aren't great, as you can probably tell I took them during night time.
I paid for topy as well, not sure if I'll get one for my next order. Any thoughts?
I hope it's your first of many....Enjoy.Quote:
My only recommendation is to physically try them on (if possible).
Or stick to your usual size and use insole for extra snugg-ish....post #7044 of 197005/15/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
My recommendation, forget about the U,K lasts on this one, too common and a little boring. go for the wholecut with perforations AND medallion in the F last - oxblood or black (I ordered this one in oxblood). It will look great, like that lovely wholecut in the Japaneese thread.post #7045 of 197005/16/13 at 12:55amQuote:Rikod, thanx for your input. Do you have any photos of them to share?Originally Posted by rikod
My recommendation, forget about the U,K lasts on this one, too common and a little boring. go for the wholecut with perforations AND medallion in the F last - oxblood or black (I ordered this one in oxblood). It will look great, like that lovely wholecut in the Japaneese thread.
The beuty is that it does not have to be either or. One can have both 😊post #7046 of 197005/16/13 at 4:00amQuote:
Swede - a big headache with all the last from Vass..........I think we should all wait for the new C last..... This will give us all a massive f'''ing headache...post #7047 of 197005/16/13 at 4:02ampost #7048 of 197005/16/13 at 4:09ampost #7049 of 197005/16/13 at 4:24ampost #7050 of 197005/16/13 at 2:39pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 minutes ago
- › 7-8 drop! New Edward Green Dundee Veldtschoen Size 10 / 10.5 E58... 23 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 26 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 27 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding