Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 9/16/16 at 9:43am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 9/20/16 at 1:10pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 470post #7036 of 199605/15/13 at 12:27pmpost #7037 of 199605/15/13 at 1:38pmpost #7038 of 199605/15/13 at 1:45pmpost #7039 of 199605/15/13 at 1:49pmpost #7040 of 199605/15/13 at 1:59pmpost #7041 of 199605/15/13 at 2:01pmpost #7042 of 199605/15/13 at 2:16pmpost #7043 of 199605/15/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
Same here - I'll go for wholecut in oxblood on the U or K lastQuote:Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson
Wholecuts on U or K are a marvellous choice. I actually think K might be even better for it. I myself am going to order a black clean wholecut on the K-last, don't know in which order I want to go with my coming purchases though so well see when I pull the trigger on those.
I think the picture above, Swede66, is oxblood. In sunlight it looks quite reddish, but indoors when darker they are almost black. Beatiful color.
Dlind, as for a cobbler in Stockholm, Bäckmans are great, but I think that the best one definately is Carina and her collegue at Skomakeri Framåt in Gamla stan.
And about wholecuts creasing, of course they do. But to me that's part of the beauty. I mean shoes do crease, and different models crease differently, that's part of the deal. If you don't want shoes to crease, don't wear them.
Oxblood in W/C so versatile....Quote:Originally Posted by dg626
My first order from Vass! Old English II Oxblood. The photos aren't great, as you can probably tell I took them during night time.
I paid for topy as well, not sure if I'll get one for my next order. Any thoughts?
I hope it's your first of many....Enjoy.Quote:
My only recommendation is to physically try them on (if possible).
Or stick to your usual size and use insole for extra snugg-ish....post #7044 of 199605/15/13 at 6:29pmQuote:
My recommendation, forget about the U,K lasts on this one, too common and a little boring. go for the wholecut with perforations AND medallion in the F last - oxblood or black (I ordered this one in oxblood). It will look great, like that lovely wholecut in the Japaneese thread.post #7045 of 199605/16/13 at 12:55amQuote:Rikod, thanx for your input. Do you have any photos of them to share?Originally Posted by rikod
My recommendation, forget about the U,K lasts on this one, too common and a little boring. go for the wholecut with perforations AND medallion in the F last - oxblood or black (I ordered this one in oxblood). It will look great, like that lovely wholecut in the Japaneese thread.
The beuty is that it does not have to be either or. One can have both 😊post #7046 of 199605/16/13 at 4:00amQuote:
Swede - a big headache with all the last from Vass..........I think we should all wait for the new C last..... This will give us all a massive f'''ing headache...post #7047 of 199605/16/13 at 4:02ampost #7048 of 199605/16/13 at 4:09ampost #7049 of 199605/16/13 at 4:24ampost #7050 of 199605/16/13 at 2:39pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › New Member Intro + Balenciaga (Safilo Made) Sunglasses Plastic Lens... 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 5 minutes ago
- › The Official 2016/2017 Football / Soccer / Fútbol / Futebol /... 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 19 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 20 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 21 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 24 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...