Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 9/16/16 at 9:43am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 9/20/16 at 1:10pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 425post #6361 of 199603/22/13 at 8:52ampost #6362 of 199603/22/13 at 8:57amQuote:
oh thank you for this - you given me my climax for this weekend....
I am gonna be very busy with Vass this week...
No need to make love to the wife for another 2 weeks... :-)post #6363 of 199603/22/13 at 9:31ampost #6364 of 199603/22/13 at 9:32ampost #6365 of 199603/22/13 at 9:46amQuote:Originally Posted by terrorsquad
It is for Vass. Well, Meermin just got hold of them from Ilcea (the tannery that produces museum calf for John Lobb); I organized a group MTO for their Linea Maestro line in museum calf. You can check the Meermin thread out, I posted pictures of the leather that just arrived with Meermin a few pages back.
I do like the finish. It is very uniquepost #6366 of 199603/22/13 at 10:07ampost #6367 of 199603/22/13 at 10:18ampost #6368 of 199603/22/13 at 10:26ampost #6369 of 199603/22/13 at 10:45ampost #6370 of 199603/22/13 at 11:05am
I am presuming Meermin makes KW shoes?
Just checked their website and the last looks interesting.
Can't give full assessment until you smell, feel & pinch
the end product in real life....
Their Double Monks in suede looks like JL Chapel,
and possibly finer tuned in certain angles.post #6371 of 199603/22/13 at 11:12am
I agree 100%, these don't have the norvegese stitching I think, just the regular Vass stitching in white. I didn't order any of those things so they were returned today.
These ones did came exactly as ordered, Budapest in Cognac calfpost #6372 of 199603/22/13 at 11:49ampost #6373 of 199603/22/13 at 11:56ampost #6374 of 199603/22/13 at 12:32pm
What has scared me from ordering VASS in the past has been how confusing the sizing seems to be. I've read a lot of conflicting data on this thread. Also since I have a narrow foot, there seems to be less sampling data.
I wear a 9 D UK in EG
8.5 UK Carmina in Simpson and Robert lasts
8.5 UK in C&J 360 last
Perhaps someone can chime in with advice?post #6375 of 199603/22/13 at 12:49pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Can someone tell me who makes this pair of RLPL shoe? 14 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 22 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 27 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 28 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...