Lobb SAS Paris might have suffered from the ownership of Hermès but I don't think Lobb Ltd St James has.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues RARE SIZE 38.5 U last with lasted trees and toe taps! very... Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 2:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 12:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 423post #6332 of 207273/21/13 at 11:41amQuote:
Lobb is leagues above C&J and has been pretty consistent after taking over the old EG.Quote:
JL Paris bespoke still top notch.
JL RTW now is slightly worse than EG; specifically with the use of heat formed PET/plastic heel counter.post #6333 of 207273/21/13 at 12:35pm
It's from I<3JL's personal experience you ignoramus. Are you going to tell someone their personal experiences are wrong because they are different from yours? Let me guess, rlpl EG is #1 under each of those categories? You haven't even owned anything aside from EG, AS, and C&J. The only lists you need to pay attention to is the one that tracks the # of times you repost pictures of 4 ugly shoespost #6334 of 207273/21/13 at 12:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs
NORE - fascinating statement...feel free to start anywhere.
I am keen to expand on the above list and have a constructive conversation in a creative manner.
I am happy to back my list based on insight, experience, knowledge and ownership of ALL
the above shoes.
Here's addition to my list.
Aesthetically - Berluti's
Value for Money - Vass
Overall personal favourite - Lobb
Have you any experience with Carmina? I think from an aesthetic viewpoint they are better than C&J bench grade and on par with Handgrade.
I would be a bigger fan of JL if I could find a last that suited my feet best. 8000 is the best, 8695 voluminous.
From a build perspective, the first thing I notice when I pick up a shoe is how well the heel is constructed. I once had a pair of JL bespoke and the space between the heel ad outsole was so airtight and immaculate. The aesthetic of the shoe left much to be desired but the heel was a work of artpost #6335 of 207273/21/13 at 1:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
From a build perspective, the first thing I notice when I pick up a shoe is how well the heel is constructed. I once had a pair of JL bespoke and the space between the heel ad outsole was so airtight and immaculate. The aesthetic of the shoe left much to be desired but the heel was a work of art
So many people want to equate overall quality with sole treatment now. Not a good idea because a gorgeous sole can mean nothing in terms of overall quality. Your "heel-check" method is so much more indicative. When the proper attention is paid to the heel, it shows the maker pays attention to details.post #6336 of 207273/21/13 at 2:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
It's from I<3JL's personal experience you ignoramus. Are you going to tell someone their personal experiences are wrong because they are different from yours? Let me guess, rlpl EG is #1 under each of those categories? You haven't even owned anything aside from EG, AS, and C&J. The only lists you need to pay attention to is the one that tracks the # of times you repost pictures of 4 ugly shoes
How the fk are you only 26.post #6337 of 207273/21/13 at 2:28pmQuote:
I wear Vass 3 eye derby on F Last in 42 and it fits perfect. Also have a shell loafer in P2 Last that feels like I could have gotten away with a half size smaller....P2 seems to have more room in the toe area and the sides. But I only know this now....I would never have dared to size down blind as I did not know the possible outcome.post #6338 of 207273/21/13 at 2:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
It's from I<3JL's personal experience you ignoramus. Are you going to tell someone their personal experiences are wrong because they are different from yours? Let me guess, rlpl EG is #1 under each of those categories? You haven't even owned anything aside from EG, AS, and C&J. The only lists you need to pay attention to is the one that tracks the # of times you repost pictures of 4 ugly shoespost #6339 of 207273/21/13 at 4:05pmpost #6340 of 207273/21/13 at 4:46pmpost #6341 of 207273/21/13 at 5:25pmpost #6342 of 207273/21/13 at 6:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by rikod
Good morning, I received this pair yesterday and I'm going to return them tomorrow and exchange them for a similar pair. They are in Saddle shell cordovan, F last. The shoes are perfect, the reason I'm returning is because I ordered Antique cognac shell, not saddle/whiskey and I have enough of those. Also I didn't request the natural soles. Normally I keep the mistakes, not this one.
So if anyone is interested I could sell them at exactly the same price I paid. Just a note guys, this is not a sales post, no profit here, there is absolutely no problem for me to exchange them, it's all been arranged with Vass already, It's just that if someone would enjoy something as nice like this you could have it quick, pay via paypal etc.
Size is about 40.5, UK6.5 or 7E, US7.5 or 8D. Please reply or send me a PM before tomorrow if interested. I have the price at the office, will post a little later.
These are most excellent.post #6343 of 207273/21/13 at 6:30pmpost #6344 of 207273/21/13 at 6:36pmpost #6345 of 207273/22/13 at 2:32amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Love those shoes rikod - I would SO take them off your hands if they were my size. Shell in that colour is very high on my want list.
ilovelobbs - thanks for all the good info throughout. I suspect some of the G&G and EG crowd would go ballistic over some of your comments, but nobody can question that you have a valid frame of reference.
Yes agree - I am a GG & EG fanatic of their aesthetically finished product myself, and would go ballistic with the bold statements.... But this was before my voyage into Hungarian and Austrian shoes.
If any of the GG & EG fanantics wish to challenge my list, I look forward to their posts.
If any of the GG & EG fanantics who experienced the delight of the Vass/SC shoes, I'll embrace their comments.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 32 seconds ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 7 minutes ago
- › Need help creating a Classical preppy college wardrobe 8 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › NWT BORRELLI of NAPOLI Rain- and Wind-Proof Peacoat. ABSOLUTELY... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 11 minutes ago
- › graduation suit 15 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway