Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 8:35 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 1:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 416
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6227 of 185513/18/13 at 11:58ampost #6228 of 185513/18/13 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Their published prices all include VAT, which is 27% in Hungary, not 20, so it makes it worthwhile ensuring it's deducted where possible!
Switzerland isn't in the European Union, but IS in the European Economic Area (similar to NAFTA). Therefore VAT is still payable.
In order to deduct VAT, Vass need to provide evidence (i.e. the courier documentation) to show that the goods have been sold outside the European Economic Area.
Are you sure about this - do you live in Zurich and have you received parcels from the UK/US/HK??
My items get sent to the Switzerland net of any source Tax/VAT.
Any Tax/VAT in Switzerland I deal with that myself and the courier.post #6229 of 185513/18/13 at 12:01pmpost #6230 of 185513/18/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
Think your pair will look like this - the F last on the Old English II design.post #6231 of 185513/18/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
Would you recommend giving Vass USD or exchanging it first then?post #6232 of 185513/18/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
I discovered this same picture when the OEII subject was brought up.
Only difference from your picture will be the colors.
I think this Last will work just fine in those colors.
Danpost #6233 of 185513/18/13 at 12:14pm
Vass would just go next door and exchange your greenback themself after you leave....
Give them USD, Eva or Rezso would give you the exchange rate on xe.com site,
and these are stonking great wholesale fx rates.post #6234 of 185513/18/13 at 12:31pmQuote:
I'm not sure the F would work for me though (and am sure the K or U wouldn't).
The P2 does, but I'm not seeing any pics here of that last with this style. Maybe that itself should tell me something.post #6235 of 185513/18/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Not quite correct. Switzerland is outside EU, so hungarian VAT is fully deductable. When importing you'll have to pay Swiss VAT which is 8 percent compared to 27 in Hungary.post #6236 of 185513/18/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
Paying any VAT is stupid.
Guys in US; HK and Singapore are laughing.
I feel for the Koreans; Japanese....
Edited by Ilovelobbs - 3/18/13 at 3:10pmpost #6237 of 185513/18/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
I'm loving my oxblood double-monks, and thinking of adding something in bordeaux. Guess I'm digging shades of red at present.post #6238 of 185513/18/13 at 3:33pmpost #6239 of 185513/18/13 at 4:00pm
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 24 seconds ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 54 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Ermenegildo Zegna Solid Black Milano Fit Suit, 38R (48R EU)... 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...