Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 5/23/16 at 8:17am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 5/22/16 at 6:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 416post #6227 of 194153/18/13 at 11:58ampost #6228 of 194153/18/13 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Their published prices all include VAT, which is 27% in Hungary, not 20, so it makes it worthwhile ensuring it's deducted where possible!
Switzerland isn't in the European Union, but IS in the European Economic Area (similar to NAFTA). Therefore VAT is still payable.
In order to deduct VAT, Vass need to provide evidence (i.e. the courier documentation) to show that the goods have been sold outside the European Economic Area.
Are you sure about this - do you live in Zurich and have you received parcels from the UK/US/HK??
My items get sent to the Switzerland net of any source Tax/VAT.
Any Tax/VAT in Switzerland I deal with that myself and the courier.post #6229 of 194153/18/13 at 12:01pmpost #6230 of 194153/18/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
Think your pair will look like this - the F last on the Old English II design.post #6231 of 194153/18/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
Would you recommend giving Vass USD or exchanging it first then?post #6232 of 194153/18/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
I discovered this same picture when the OEII subject was brought up.
Only difference from your picture will be the colors.
I think this Last will work just fine in those colors.
Danpost #6233 of 194153/18/13 at 12:14pm
Vass would just go next door and exchange your greenback themself after you leave....
Give them USD, Eva or Rezso would give you the exchange rate on xe.com site,
and these are stonking great wholesale fx rates.post #6234 of 194153/18/13 at 12:31pmQuote:
I'm not sure the F would work for me though (and am sure the K or U wouldn't).
The P2 does, but I'm not seeing any pics here of that last with this style. Maybe that itself should tell me something.post #6235 of 194153/18/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Not quite correct. Switzerland is outside EU, so hungarian VAT is fully deductable. When importing you'll have to pay Swiss VAT which is 8 percent compared to 27 in Hungary.post #6236 of 194153/18/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
Paying any VAT is stupid.
Guys in US; HK and Singapore are laughing.
I feel for the Koreans; Japanese....
Edited by Ilovelobbs - 3/18/13 at 3:10pmpost #6237 of 194153/18/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
I'm loving my oxblood double-monks, and thinking of adding something in bordeaux. Guess I'm digging shades of red at present.post #6238 of 194153/18/13 at 3:33pmpost #6239 of 194153/18/13 at 4:00pmpost #6240 of 194153/18/13 at 6:01pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Help Identifying Sunglasses! 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding