Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 11:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 416post #6227 of 198403/18/13 at 11:58ampost #6228 of 198403/18/13 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Their published prices all include VAT, which is 27% in Hungary, not 20, so it makes it worthwhile ensuring it's deducted where possible!
Switzerland isn't in the European Union, but IS in the European Economic Area (similar to NAFTA). Therefore VAT is still payable.
In order to deduct VAT, Vass need to provide evidence (i.e. the courier documentation) to show that the goods have been sold outside the European Economic Area.
Are you sure about this - do you live in Zurich and have you received parcels from the UK/US/HK??
My items get sent to the Switzerland net of any source Tax/VAT.
Any Tax/VAT in Switzerland I deal with that myself and the courier.post #6229 of 198403/18/13 at 12:01pmpost #6230 of 198403/18/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
Think your pair will look like this - the F last on the Old English II design.post #6231 of 198403/18/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
Would you recommend giving Vass USD or exchanging it first then?post #6232 of 198403/18/13 at 12:10pmQuote:
I discovered this same picture when the OEII subject was brought up.
Only difference from your picture will be the colors.
I think this Last will work just fine in those colors.
Danpost #6233 of 198403/18/13 at 12:14pm
Vass would just go next door and exchange your greenback themself after you leave....
Give them USD, Eva or Rezso would give you the exchange rate on xe.com site,
and these are stonking great wholesale fx rates.post #6234 of 198403/18/13 at 12:31pmQuote:
I'm not sure the F would work for me though (and am sure the K or U wouldn't).
The P2 does, but I'm not seeing any pics here of that last with this style. Maybe that itself should tell me something.post #6235 of 198403/18/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Not quite correct. Switzerland is outside EU, so hungarian VAT is fully deductable. When importing you'll have to pay Swiss VAT which is 8 percent compared to 27 in Hungary.post #6236 of 198403/18/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
Paying any VAT is stupid.
Guys in US; HK and Singapore are laughing.
I feel for the Koreans; Japanese....
Edited by Ilovelobbs - 3/18/13 at 3:10pmpost #6237 of 198403/18/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
I'm loving my oxblood double-monks, and thinking of adding something in bordeaux. Guess I'm digging shades of red at present.post #6238 of 198403/18/13 at 3:33pmpost #6239 of 198403/18/13 at 4:00pmpost #6240 of 198403/18/13 at 6:01pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 12 seconds ago
- › Has anyone seen a Ralph Lauren Shirt like this? 17 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › I'm getting my first MTM suit made and I'm wondering if my tailor... 2 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › What's the most ridiculous thing you've bought on impulse? 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Has anyone heard of brand "Mr Start"? 18 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 22 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding