Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/6/16 at 1:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 2/2/16 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 360post #5386 of 185361/19/13 at 12:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5387 of 185361/19/13 at 2:53pmQuote:
I simply transfer from my bank to theirs, costed £3 and got a very fair conversion rate. Is this not a possibility from the US?post #5388 of 185361/19/13 at 5:36pmQuote:
Is this cheaper than a direct bank wire?post #5389 of 185361/19/13 at 6:33pm^Fee is $22 from a bank accouny online in the version I used and then the exchange rate is about 2%+ off the market. Believe using a credit catd to fund may be more.
Also, double check, but I believe you can't send Euros to a Hungarian bank (even to a Euro account) through standard WU. There's another product though that does though via onlinefx.westernunion.com/post #5390 of 185361/20/13 at 1:38amQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
^Fee is $22 from a bank accouny online in the version I used and then the exchange rate is about 2%+ off the market. Believe using a credit catd to fund may be more.
Also, double check, but I believe you can't send Euros to a Hungarian bank (even to a Euro account) through standard WU. There's another product though that does though via onlinefx.westernunion.com/
You can send them euros through direct transfer, I did.post #5391 of 185361/20/13 at 5:31ampost #5392 of 185361/20/13 at 6:18amInteresting. Are you US based?
WU will do a EUR ACH transfer to some countries for what I recall as $5, which seems pretty good. Don't know if Belgium is one of them
Suppose 22/5 isn't that big of a difference when the shoes are $600 or so, but I'd take it.
Don't know why Vass isn't set up for PayPal. Seems like the logical payment tool for them (other than the fact that with a wire transfer the customer bears all the transaction costs... ). If the shoes turn out to be as nice as I expect I suppose it won't matter.post #5393 of 185361/20/13 at 9:51pmpost #5394 of 185361/21/13 at 12:47ampost #5395 of 185361/21/13 at 12:49ampost #5396 of 185361/21/13 at 4:49amQuote:
I have a very wide foot and I found AFPOS stocks the AS Templar in patent leather which is the best pair of patent leather shoes I have ever owned. If you are after patent leather, then try AFPOSpost #5397 of 185361/21/13 at 4:52ampost #5398 of 185361/21/13 at 6:16amQuote:Originally Posted by joijiWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
An update on my return to Vass.
I returned the package through a German postal office using DHL international shipping, which includes insurance and tracking.
The package took several days to arrive in Hungary and I was confident it would soon arrive Mr. Kuti but suddenly the tracking said the package was unable to be delivered and stored.
I called the German DHL customer service and was told the package gets handled in Hungary by the Hungarian postal service EPG.
The package had not yet been sent back to Germany and possibly could be picked up by Mr. Kuti from EPG.
As I don't speak Hungarian to give Vass a call I sent them an email explaining the situation.
I just received following replyQuote:Dear Louis XIV
Thank you for your email, also for your efforts with the shipping!
There is no problem with the shipping, just the Hungarian post is absolutely untrustable.
The shoes were never tried to delivery. They just waiting for the pickup.
Sometimes they deliver the parcels sometimes not.
No that’s what happened. We’ll collect them tomorrow.
Don’t worry about it. We are using only FedEx. There can’t be any problem.
As soon as the shoes are here I’ll contact you!
So I can only advise anyone sending a package to Vass to go for FedEx shipping instead of other shipping options as I am afraid packages are likely to be lost by EPG or might at least mean greater effort to Mr. Kuti, like in my case.
Also I'd like to once again stress how satisfied I am with the service of Mr. Kuti and Vass.
They have been an absolut pleasure to deal with, especially looking at what problems I have put them through.
Crap. I sent mine back through Australian Airmail, which I assume will be handled similarly.
Apparently mine turned up, even within the expected window! Clearly my next return to Vass (I hope I won't need one) will be cursed.post #5399 of 185361/21/13 at 11:34am
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 1 minute ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 4 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Styleforum Meet-up - Kirk Miller of Miller's Oath... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...