Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 3:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 1/19/17 at 3:58am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 360post #5386 of 205561/19/13 at 12:34pmpost #5387 of 205561/19/13 at 2:53pmQuote:
I simply transfer from my bank to theirs, costed £3 and got a very fair conversion rate. Is this not a possibility from the US?post #5388 of 205561/19/13 at 5:36pmQuote:
Is this cheaper than a direct bank wire?post #5389 of 205561/19/13 at 6:33pm^Fee is $22 from a bank accouny online in the version I used and then the exchange rate is about 2%+ off the market. Believe using a credit catd to fund may be more.
Also, double check, but I believe you can't send Euros to a Hungarian bank (even to a Euro account) through standard WU. There's another product though that does though via onlinefx.westernunion.com/post #5390 of 205561/20/13 at 1:38amQuote:Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood
^Fee is $22 from a bank accouny online in the version I used and then the exchange rate is about 2%+ off the market. Believe using a credit catd to fund may be more.
Also, double check, but I believe you can't send Euros to a Hungarian bank (even to a Euro account) through standard WU. There's another product though that does though via onlinefx.westernunion.com/
You can send them euros through direct transfer, I did.post #5391 of 205561/20/13 at 5:31ampost #5392 of 205561/20/13 at 6:18amInteresting. Are you US based?
WU will do a EUR ACH transfer to some countries for what I recall as $5, which seems pretty good. Don't know if Belgium is one of them
Suppose 22/5 isn't that big of a difference when the shoes are $600 or so, but I'd take it.
Don't know why Vass isn't set up for PayPal. Seems like the logical payment tool for them (other than the fact that with a wire transfer the customer bears all the transaction costs... ). If the shoes turn out to be as nice as I expect I suppose it won't matter.post #5393 of 205561/20/13 at 9:51pmpost #5394 of 205561/21/13 at 12:47ampost #5395 of 205561/21/13 at 12:49ampost #5396 of 205561/21/13 at 4:49amQuote:
I have a very wide foot and I found AFPOS stocks the AS Templar in patent leather which is the best pair of patent leather shoes I have ever owned. If you are after patent leather, then try AFPOSpost #5397 of 205561/21/13 at 4:52ampost #5398 of 205561/21/13 at 6:16amQuote:Originally Posted by joijiWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
An update on my return to Vass.
I returned the package through a German postal office using DHL international shipping, which includes insurance and tracking.
The package took several days to arrive in Hungary and I was confident it would soon arrive Mr. Kuti but suddenly the tracking said the package was unable to be delivered and stored.
I called the German DHL customer service and was told the package gets handled in Hungary by the Hungarian postal service EPG.
The package had not yet been sent back to Germany and possibly could be picked up by Mr. Kuti from EPG.
As I don't speak Hungarian to give Vass a call I sent them an email explaining the situation.
I just received following replyQuote:Dear Louis XIV
Thank you for your email, also for your efforts with the shipping!
There is no problem with the shipping, just the Hungarian post is absolutely untrustable.
The shoes were never tried to delivery. They just waiting for the pickup.
Sometimes they deliver the parcels sometimes not.
No that’s what happened. We’ll collect them tomorrow.
Don’t worry about it. We are using only FedEx. There can’t be any problem.
As soon as the shoes are here I’ll contact you!
So I can only advise anyone sending a package to Vass to go for FedEx shipping instead of other shipping options as I am afraid packages are likely to be lost by EPG or might at least mean greater effort to Mr. Kuti, like in my case.
Also I'd like to once again stress how satisfied I am with the service of Mr. Kuti and Vass.
They have been an absolut pleasure to deal with, especially looking at what problems I have put them through.
Crap. I sent mine back through Australian Airmail, which I assume will be handled similarly.
Apparently mine turned up, even within the expected window! Clearly my next return to Vass (I hope I won't need one) will be cursed.post #5399 of 205561/21/13 at 11:34ampost #5400 of 205561/21/13 at 11:56am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › things that are making you happy 6 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 39 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 46 seconds ago
- › FS: Timberland Men's EK Brook Park Chukka Boot size 8.5 rust suede 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Views on Loro Piana? 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...