Congrats Kevin! So the 40 on the U worked?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 8:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 1:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 353post #5281 of 185521/5/13 at 6:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5282 of 185521/5/13 at 7:22amQuote:
Very much so !! I got advised anything from 39 to 41.5 and just went with my gut UK6.5 EU40 and it worked out so I'm pleased and now know for future purchases.post #5283 of 185521/5/13 at 11:14ampost #5284 of 185521/5/13 at 11:19ampost #5285 of 185521/5/13 at 11:26ampost #5286 of 185521/6/13 at 1:19ampost #5287 of 185521/6/13 at 1:20ampost #5288 of 185521/6/13 at 10:36ampost #5289 of 185521/6/13 at 12:28pmpost #5290 of 185521/6/13 at 12:36pm"rikod, since you've got Alden, AE, and Vass, how does your Barrie or AE 5 last compare to Vass lasts' shape and sizing?"
Very different, AE seems narrower with low instep, Alden wider also low instep, Vass lasts higher instep. I wear US 8D in AE and Alden (Barrie 7.5D) and about 40.5 in Vass, all fit well.post #5291 of 185521/6/13 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by rikod
"rikod, since you've got Alden, AE, and Vass, how does your Barrie or AE 5 last compare to Vass lasts' shape and sizing?"
Very different, AE seems narrower with low instep, Alden wider also low instep, Vass lasts higher instep. I wear US 8D in AE and Alden (Barrie 7.5D) and about 40.5 in Vass, all fit well.
Thanks! Do you take the same size in all of the Vass lasts?post #5292 of 185521/7/13 at 1:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Slickman
You answered your own question, U-last is "too sleek", f provides a classic shape that is timeless and more elegant, but if you want to learn the hard way (as I did), purchase the U, wear it for a year or 2, then you will notice gravitation to the F and sell your U-last shoes, and purchase new ones on the F
You could just trust me and order it on the F
The choice is yours
Having tried almost all lasts from Vass, I'd settle with F last if I had to choose one for comfort and looks.post #5293 of 185521/8/13 at 12:31ampost #5294 of 185521/8/13 at 12:36ampost #5295 of 185521/8/13 at 12:39am
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 1233 Active Users (262 Members and 971 Guests)
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 34 seconds ago
- › Is this too much colour in an outfit guys? 52 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 11 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...