Does anyone else have shoes with rubber toe taps that can say how they hold up over time? Also does anyone know why vass doesn't want to put metal toe taps on a single sole? I know G&G does for example....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/6/16 at 1:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 2/2/16 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 352post #5266 of 185341/4/13 at 1:14am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5267 of 185341/4/13 at 7:13ampost #5268 of 185341/4/13 at 7:32ampost #5269 of 185341/4/13 at 8:49ampost #5270 of 185341/4/13 at 8:56ampost #5271 of 185341/4/13 at 9:09amQuote:
Western Union has a service (http://onlinefx.westernunion.com/). Wire transfer fee is $22, but the exchange rate is about 1.5%-2% off the market in their favor. I imagine that's going to be the case in most instances though.post #5272 of 185341/4/13 at 1:21pmpost #5273 of 185341/4/13 at 1:53pmQuote:
Oops, sorry. I was going through several pages and got names confused... I meant this one:Quote:Originally Posted by rikod
22 pair of Vass
3 C&J for Brooks Brothers
2 Crockett & Jones
2 Gaziano & Girling
2 Allen Edmonds
1 Salvatore Ferragamo
Vass is about 60% of totalrikod, since you've got Alden, AE, and Vass, how does your Barrie or AE 5 last compare to Vass lasts' shape and sizing?post #5274 of 185341/4/13 at 2:06pmpost #5275 of 185341/4/13 at 2:17pmpost #5276 of 185341/4/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
Chrome tanned (boxcalf).
I don't know anyone that uses veg-tanned uppers unless it's a veg re-tan.
actually, I lie, but the veg tan ones are far more rugged and usually cow or horse, not calf.post #5277 of 185341/4/13 at 5:15pmpost #5278 of 185341/4/13 at 8:38pm
^^ A bit extreme I know, but they started to enrage me when I looked at the shit quality of the suede. And they wouldve looked pathetic on a buy and sell ad so there you go. I even have a pair of Sid Mashburn double monks that I am over but maybe I will sell those instead as they are nice.post #5279 of 185341/4/13 at 10:51pmJust to chime in on the whole F and U last debate--if I was only allowed to wear one of the two for the rest of my life, I would definitely choose the F last. It is much more versatile, and much more classic. But there is no reason why one should forego the U last. To me, it fits considerably better than the F last, and is a great change of pace. Plus, it is just damned sexy.post #5280 of 185341/5/13 at 2:35amQuote:
Crockett & Jones handgrades are made of vegetable tanned uppers, for example.
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 6 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 8 minutes ago
- › NWT: Ralph Lauren Purple Label Polos MSRP $325 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...