Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/2/16 at 2:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 2/2/16 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Aren't technically almost all shoe leathers corrected grain?Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 336
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5027 of 1850912/11/12 at 4:42ampost #5028 of 1850912/11/12 at 6:41ampost #5029 of 1850912/11/12 at 6:46ampost #5030 of 1850912/11/12 at 7:48amQuote:
Yes for me is solely a stylistic choice, a lot of people here don't like it but I personally like it very much for some models, specially in budapest oxfords and suede shoes in the italian lasts.post #5031 of 1850912/11/12 at 7:57amQuote:
Correct that it's a style choice. Vass just does an excellent job at doing it so on sleeker shoes seems ideal to utilize it.post #5032 of 1850912/11/12 at 9:23ampost #5033 of 1850912/11/12 at 10:02amQuote:
An interesting and timely question. I recently posted a pair of Vass boots and the balmorals came with a HAF sole. But, I did not ask for the HAF sole yet Vass did it almost by reflex. It seems to me that this sole treatment, at least with Vass has been influenced by SF orders over time. Not that this type of sole is unknown in nature, but I don't think the HAF sole is part of the AH shoemaking DNA. There are various posts here and elsewhere showing examples of Vass doing HAF soles poorly resulting in an unbalanced shoe owing to, in some cases, improper heel height with that sole. Other times it has been done well.
My opinion is that it is a styling cue that has been requested of Vass so often that it is now perceived as the default Vass iGent sole. We do know that sometimes Vass delivers something that the buyer did not order or expect including in some cases a completely different shoe than was ordered. In my case, I can live with it but did not want it and find it interesting that they erred in this direction.post #5034 of 1850912/11/12 at 11:11ampost #5035 of 1850912/11/12 at 12:04pmQuote:
Great looking boots! Does it have 270 or 360 goyser?
Although see below:Quote:
My exactly feeling! The most comfotable among my EG 888, 202, C&J 337, 341, 325, Carmina Rain and Forest, and all others.
I have Vass F and P2 and prefer New Peter.post #5036 of 1850912/11/12 at 12:19pmpost #5037 of 1850912/11/12 at 12:26pmQuote:
Suede is nice and soft. Yes I wear F last, Vass have my foot print and measures and the fit is perfect on both lasts so I'm not sure if I size up for the U, but I would guess that yes, sizing up .5 for the U is a good idea.post #5038 of 1850912/11/12 at 12:37pmpost #5039 of 1850912/11/12 at 1:40pmpost #5040 of 1850912/11/12 at 1:43pm
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
Currently, there are 952 Active Users (142 Members and 810 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 14 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...