Just arrived in Budapest. I have an appointment with Mr Vass on Tuesday and also measurements taken for a bespoked pair. Will take pics of the place
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 4:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 9:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 306post #4576 of 2004310/14/12 at 4:44pmpost #4577 of 2004310/14/12 at 4:53pmpost #4578 of 2004310/14/12 at 5:02pmpost #4579 of 2004310/14/12 at 5:46pmpost #4580 of 2004310/14/12 at 6:04pmpost #4581 of 2004310/14/12 at 9:02pmQuote:
IMHO, Go for bespoke if you can.
It is a very different shoe when its made for you. RTW and MTO are made based on average measurements and fit.
So, If you can swing it, opt for bespoke, if not MTO is a close second.post #4582 of 2004310/14/12 at 9:31pmpost #4583 of 2004310/15/12 at 12:03ampost #4584 of 2004310/15/12 at 12:47am
The F last fits me nicely but I have always wanted to try bespoke and I was told Vass is quite reasonably priced. Also found out the shop is like 10 mins away from where I am staying so that would be great.post #4585 of 2004310/15/12 at 3:13ampost #4586 of 2004310/15/12 at 6:07ampost #4587 of 2004310/15/12 at 6:20amHi everybody!
I visited the Vass shop last Wednesday, let me talk you about my experience.
I had an appointment with the sales manager, he told me Lazslo Vass would also be there but unfortunately he had to go to a museum opening (of his own art, he has a massive collection I'm told). His daugther was there however and was very friendly also! In total there were about 4/5 salespeople and lots of people going in and out of the store.
I brought a box of chocolates since I'm from Belgium, and the sales manager and Eva Vass both were extremely friendly (not because of the chocolates, it was not my first visit and they're always friendly). I got a drink and we talke almost 2 hours about nothing but shoes, and how Mr. Vass sees the future of its company. My feet got measured on a previous visit, but I still have not decided which shoes I like the best for my akward (very wide) feet. I think I will go with a custom made F or 3636 last.
Vass is a very growing company with lots of potential, they want to employ more craftsmen but therefore they first have to create more demand the sales manager told me.
I got asked by a Styleforum member to take pictures of boots, which I did. I also took a picture of their belts, they have two types of belts (narrow belts, 2,8cm in width, for formal wear, and wider belts, 4cm in width, to wear with a more casual outfit such as jeans or chinos).
Anyways, enjoy the pictures! I'm sorry I could not get any more, but as I said, I talked with the sales manager for 2 hours and nearly missed my plain back!post #4588 of 2004310/15/12 at 6:34ampost #4589 of 2004310/15/12 at 6:42ampost #4590 of 2004310/15/12 at 6:53am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 899 Active Users (92 Members and 807 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 13 minutes ago
- › NIB Vass sell off ~US10D - big cuts 32 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 34 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 48 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 51 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 58 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › 10/23 PRICE DROP: NWT $8500 KITON SOLID NAVY 14 MICRON SUIT - 52L EU 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...