Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 8:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 1:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 294post #4396 of 185519/14/12 at 4:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4397 of 185519/14/12 at 4:26pmpost #4398 of 185519/16/12 at 8:53pmpost #4399 of 185519/17/12 at 12:13ampost #4400 of 185519/19/12 at 12:03pm
This is a fantastic thread! Very new here, consider myself a massive shoe fan but can't compete with you guys. I have some American and some English shoes but wanted to broaden the approach and go East.
I have ordered a pair of Vass Old English Oxfords on U last at Ascot Shoes (I know, should have done my reading first, but aside from the price so far everything was perfect) some days ago and today they arrived. They are absolutely gorgeous! Sadly: I wear a UK7.5 E to EE with C&J and Sammy from Ascot Shoes advised me (in accordance to most advices I read in this thread) to get a 42. Sadly they are too wide at my heel so I slip about 1 cm when walking.
I wrote him to ask if he has a 41.5, I'd also take the same design on a F last. Keep your fingers crossed.
Florianpost #4401 of 185519/19/12 at 12:42pmpost #4402 of 185519/19/12 at 6:38pmpost #4403 of 185519/19/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
G&G heel cups are by far the best fitting ones I've come across for those with narrower heels.post #4404 of 185519/19/12 at 7:00pmQuote:
What size do you take for other lasts? I'm pretty sure I am a 7.5 F UK on G&G lasts after conversing with Nick at Bespoke England and after wearing a 7.5 E UK on the EG 888 - which I found to be snug. With regards to the F-last, I am still unsure about whether I would take a 41 or 41.5.post #4405 of 185519/19/12 at 7:05pmI have a pair of Alfred Sargent in 87 last, my foot is probably slightly too wide for it. In general I'm a pretty true 8.5US/7.5UK.
I don't have experience with EG or G&G lasts.
I would guess you'd be a 41, unless your feet are quite wide. F last in general fits half a size larger than U, from what I've read.post #4406 of 185519/19/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
Yeah they look like one of the few ones that has that tight heel.
I've been wondering how St Crispins alters their lasts for the mto fits - I can see how they could do build ups, but how would they make the lasts narrower in certain points?post #4407 of 185519/19/12 at 9:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by hendrix
I have a pair of Alfred Sargent in 87 last, my foot is probably slightly too wide for it. In general I'm a pretty true 8.5US/7.5UK.
I don't have experience with EG or G&G lasts.
I would guess you'd be a 41, unless your feet are quite wide. F last in general fits half a size larger than U, from what I've read.
I've read on the forum that the F last tends to have a higher instep than most lasts. If true, this would be great for me. As for the width of my feet, both are around 10.5 cm in width at the widest.post #4408 of 185519/20/12 at 2:53ampost #4409 of 185519/20/12 at 3:43amQuote:That wide foot so 41.5 F last might be best
F last instep little higher than many lastpost #4410 of 185519/20/12 at 3:46amQuote:that always problem with that process.
could build up smaller last but not always fix problem good,
many factor to think about.
many thing could happen.
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 9 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › Suit colors 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Help ID the maker of this beautiful bespoke shoe? 17 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...