Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 4/26/16 at 11:53am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 4/27/16 at 4:21am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: Yesterday
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 294post #4396 of 192029/14/12 at 4:19pmpost #4397 of 192029/14/12 at 4:26pmpost #4398 of 192029/16/12 at 8:53pmpost #4399 of 192029/17/12 at 12:13ampost #4400 of 192029/19/12 at 12:03pm
This is a fantastic thread! Very new here, consider myself a massive shoe fan but can't compete with you guys. I have some American and some English shoes but wanted to broaden the approach and go East.
I have ordered a pair of Vass Old English Oxfords on U last at Ascot Shoes (I know, should have done my reading first, but aside from the price so far everything was perfect) some days ago and today they arrived. They are absolutely gorgeous! Sadly: I wear a UK7.5 E to EE with C&J and Sammy from Ascot Shoes advised me (in accordance to most advices I read in this thread) to get a 42. Sadly they are too wide at my heel so I slip about 1 cm when walking.
I wrote him to ask if he has a 41.5, I'd also take the same design on a F last. Keep your fingers crossed.
Florianpost #4401 of 192029/19/12 at 12:42pmpost #4402 of 192029/19/12 at 6:38pmpost #4403 of 192029/19/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
G&G heel cups are by far the best fitting ones I've come across for those with narrower heels.post #4404 of 192029/19/12 at 7:00pmQuote:
What size do you take for other lasts? I'm pretty sure I am a 7.5 F UK on G&G lasts after conversing with Nick at Bespoke England and after wearing a 7.5 E UK on the EG 888 - which I found to be snug. With regards to the F-last, I am still unsure about whether I would take a 41 or 41.5.post #4405 of 192029/19/12 at 7:05pmI have a pair of Alfred Sargent in 87 last, my foot is probably slightly too wide for it. In general I'm a pretty true 8.5US/7.5UK.
I don't have experience with EG or G&G lasts.
I would guess you'd be a 41, unless your feet are quite wide. F last in general fits half a size larger than U, from what I've read.post #4406 of 192029/19/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
Yeah they look like one of the few ones that has that tight heel.
I've been wondering how St Crispins alters their lasts for the mto fits - I can see how they could do build ups, but how would they make the lasts narrower in certain points?post #4407 of 192029/19/12 at 9:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by hendrix
I have a pair of Alfred Sargent in 87 last, my foot is probably slightly too wide for it. In general I'm a pretty true 8.5US/7.5UK.
I don't have experience with EG or G&G lasts.
I would guess you'd be a 41, unless your feet are quite wide. F last in general fits half a size larger than U, from what I've read.
I've read on the forum that the F last tends to have a higher instep than most lasts. If true, this would be great for me. As for the width of my feet, both are around 10.5 cm in width at the widest.post #4408 of 192029/20/12 at 2:53ampost #4409 of 192029/20/12 at 3:43amQuote:That wide foot so 41.5 F last might be best
F last instep little higher than many lastpost #4410 of 192029/20/12 at 3:46amQuote:that always problem with that process.
could build up smaller last but not always fix problem good,
many factor to think about.
many thing could happen.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › A short, stocky man goes to Rubinacci 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts