Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 11:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 4:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 294post #4396 of 200439/14/12 at 4:19pmpost #4397 of 200439/14/12 at 4:26pmpost #4398 of 200439/16/12 at 8:53pmpost #4399 of 200439/17/12 at 12:13ampost #4400 of 200439/19/12 at 12:03pm
This is a fantastic thread! Very new here, consider myself a massive shoe fan but can't compete with you guys. I have some American and some English shoes but wanted to broaden the approach and go East.
I have ordered a pair of Vass Old English Oxfords on U last at Ascot Shoes (I know, should have done my reading first, but aside from the price so far everything was perfect) some days ago and today they arrived. They are absolutely gorgeous! Sadly: I wear a UK7.5 E to EE with C&J and Sammy from Ascot Shoes advised me (in accordance to most advices I read in this thread) to get a 42. Sadly they are too wide at my heel so I slip about 1 cm when walking.
I wrote him to ask if he has a 41.5, I'd also take the same design on a F last. Keep your fingers crossed.
Florianpost #4401 of 200439/19/12 at 12:42pmpost #4402 of 200439/19/12 at 6:38pmpost #4403 of 200439/19/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
G&G heel cups are by far the best fitting ones I've come across for those with narrower heels.post #4404 of 200439/19/12 at 7:00pmQuote:
What size do you take for other lasts? I'm pretty sure I am a 7.5 F UK on G&G lasts after conversing with Nick at Bespoke England and after wearing a 7.5 E UK on the EG 888 - which I found to be snug. With regards to the F-last, I am still unsure about whether I would take a 41 or 41.5.post #4405 of 200439/19/12 at 7:05pmI have a pair of Alfred Sargent in 87 last, my foot is probably slightly too wide for it. In general I'm a pretty true 8.5US/7.5UK.
I don't have experience with EG or G&G lasts.
I would guess you'd be a 41, unless your feet are quite wide. F last in general fits half a size larger than U, from what I've read.post #4406 of 200439/19/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
Yeah they look like one of the few ones that has that tight heel.
I've been wondering how St Crispins alters their lasts for the mto fits - I can see how they could do build ups, but how would they make the lasts narrower in certain points?post #4407 of 200439/19/12 at 9:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by hendrix
I have a pair of Alfred Sargent in 87 last, my foot is probably slightly too wide for it. In general I'm a pretty true 8.5US/7.5UK.
I don't have experience with EG or G&G lasts.
I would guess you'd be a 41, unless your feet are quite wide. F last in general fits half a size larger than U, from what I've read.
I've read on the forum that the F last tends to have a higher instep than most lasts. If true, this would be great for me. As for the width of my feet, both are around 10.5 cm in width at the widest.post #4408 of 200439/20/12 at 2:53ampost #4409 of 200439/20/12 at 3:43amQuote:That wide foot so 41.5 F last might be best
F last instep little higher than many lastpost #4410 of 200439/20/12 at 3:46amQuote:that always problem with that process.
could build up smaller last but not always fix problem good,
many factor to think about.
many thing could happen.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 17 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 31 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 33 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 43 minutes ago
- › Color Matching Help 44 minutes ago
- › Video Games 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...