Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Yesterday at 12:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 3:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 282post #4216 of 202629/3/12 at 2:15pmpost #4217 of 202629/3/12 at 2:25pmQuote:
well it's not the worst. btw, you can take advantage of a 10% discount paying cash - HUF or Euro.
one of the oldest houses in Budapest is the Hotel Gellért.post #4218 of 202629/3/12 at 2:26pmQuote:
I had the good fortune to be in Budapest for a wedding this summer, and stopped by the Vass shop to try on and pick up a pair... Definitely a great experience, but make sure you are assisted by the young (early 40ish) sales manager, and not either of the females that work there. We were by a coup,e of times during the time we were there, and the experience was much, much better dealing with him.
The city is also great - there are a couple other shoe retailers/makers near Vass that are also worth checking out...post #4219 of 202629/3/12 at 2:26pmpost #4220 of 202629/3/12 at 5:07pm
Unfortunately no abroad adventures on this MTO, however, I believe this was discussed in an earlier portion of this thread. I know I have heard it was more cost effective to fly Budapest get fitted and enjoy the city pleasures with money to spare. It also depends on where you are flying from.post #4221 of 202629/3/12 at 5:18pmQuote:
I placed it through Vass's direct contact line, but if you ever decide to visit Budapest, here is a link to Shoesnobs synopsis. http://the-shoe-snob.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-trip-to-laszlo-vass.htmlpost #4222 of 202629/3/12 at 5:28pmQuote:
Why not keep both ? They look exactly like mine without the captoe and puncholes.post #4223 of 202629/3/12 at 5:33pmpost #4224 of 202629/3/12 at 5:41pmpost #4225 of 202629/3/12 at 6:07pmpost #4226 of 202629/3/12 at 6:11pm
Thanks and basically a US 10.5, but on the slightly bigger side of 10.5 if anything.
If anyone has any questions about these boots above though please PM me as I don't want to clog up the thread by any means.post #4227 of 202629/4/12 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by oOLeg3ndaryOo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Unfortunately no abroad adventures on this MTO, however, I believe this was discussed in an earlier portion of this thread. I know I have heard it was more cost effective to fly Budapest get fitted and enjoy the city pleasures with money to spare.It also depends on where you are flying from.
sure thingpost #4228 of 202629/4/12 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by oOLeg3ndaryOo
I placed it through Vass's direct contact line, but if you ever decide to visit Budapest, here is a link to Shoesnobs synopsis. http://the-shoe-snob.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-trip-to-laszlo-vass.html
great report from justin. I exchanged a few pm's with him. he's a nice guy.
a little blasphemic input:
as much as I love Vass, as an Austrian I'm always torn with the extensive offer from Viennese shoemakers, which are flying under the sf radar. keep the faith.
additional, I have a sweet spot for discovering small workshops on the countryside and other projects with heart and soul. so many options to chose from...
ps: English shoes don't do it for me. no way.post #4229 of 202629/4/12 at 1:00ampost #4230 of 202629/4/12 at 1:05amQuote:
No recommendation on hotels. But if you go to Budapest, be sure to attend an opera (around 70 USD for the best seats) at the Hungarian Opera House which is smaller but more ornate than the Vienna one. You can also soak your traveler's weariness away at either the Gellert thermal bath or the one at the park.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 23 seconds ago
- › Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel w/ black rubber sport band (2015... 23 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 44 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 49 seconds ago
- › Gaziano and Girling Dress Boots 9/9.5D US 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › Advice-Samuelsohn or HSM 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Rise and Rise of Donald J Trump 3 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...