Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/10/16 at 1:24am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 12:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 271
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4052 of 185708/3/12 at 5:44ampost #4053 of 185708/3/12 at 6:33amQuote:
+1. Every Vass shoe I have ever seen suffers from this problem (except the black ones, of course). They don't seem to be able to do it any less opaque than this.post #4054 of 185708/3/12 at 6:54amQuote:
If you ask for light antique edgetrim, it will be much less opaque. It is in fact very, very light and would look great with this penny loafer.post #4055 of 185708/3/12 at 7:25pmQuote:
Are you talking about what might usually be referred to as Vass's "natural" edge trim? There have been pictures posted of it before and it is very nice - I would describe that as being "very, very light".
However, it is not really an acceptable middle ground for something like a light brown oxford, which also suffers unnecessarily for the usual Vass edge dressing, as above, and as on any other non-black Vass shoe ever seen or posted.
Or are you referring to something else? A middle ground perhaps that I have not seen?
Caveat: The above complaint has never stopped me purchasing - it is just something I have come to expect and accept about Vass. However, something more like a very dark "stain" as opposed to the usual dark "paint", something which is the norm on every other high-end shoe I have ever seen, would be nice.
Edited by uniesse - 8/3/12 at 8:31pmpost #4056 of 185708/4/12 at 12:45pmpost #4057 of 185708/4/12 at 3:59pmpost #4058 of 185708/4/12 at 4:52pm
If I were to visit Vass in the near future with the request: 'Make me mid-brown suede chukka-boots on the U with double leather soles (and steel tips) in size 40.5', would this be considered a custom made shoe (185.000 HUF), or would I be asked to pay the 130-140.000 HUF RTW price?
Thanks in advance for the answers.post #4059 of 185708/4/12 at 5:26pmpost #4060 of 185708/4/12 at 5:29pmpost #4061 of 185708/5/12 at 3:25ampost #4062 of 185708/5/12 at 9:46amQuote:
I would be interested in the answer to this question, as well as any pictures of the three piece shoe trees...post #4063 of 185708/5/12 at 11:08amQuote:
there's no real answer. for me it's more traditional. it's a horses for courses decision.
fitted to an Alden:
random:post #4064 of 185708/5/12 at 12:25pmQuote:
I'm sure someone else with more experience can give you a better answer, but what I know is that when I ordered a pair of double monks a month ago I made my own specification-list with U-last, antique cognac, brass buckles without extra leather piece attaching them, rounded straps and single sole, and I paid the RTW price 420€. I'd also would like to know were the line goes for the MTO?post #4065 of 185708/5/12 at 12:39pm
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Paul Smith London IT48R/US38R Double-Breasted Camel Cashmere (50%)... 5 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Supreme x Schott NYC Perfecto Double Rider 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 14 minutes ago
- › NIGEL CABOURN Everest Parka survival yellow anarctic arctic Ventile 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?