Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 4:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 9:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 246post #3677 of 200436/4/12 at 6:01ampost #3678 of 200436/4/12 at 6:03ampost #3679 of 200436/4/12 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by fritzl
i remember a pair of cleverley bespoke where the screw went through the frame. it has been overlooked and fixed later. thickness might be a factor with the single sole.
also, the nailed ons can be replaced easily around the corner, without doing a worldwide search and sending your "babies" on a pilgrimage.
Yes, that's what Rezso told me, he feels single soles are thin for that and they don't like it, but they do it sometimes. The flushed rubber toe tips work well for me on single soles and look good.
I don't like to send my babies on a pilgrimage, that's a good way to put it.post #3680 of 200436/4/12 at 7:50ampost #3681 of 200436/4/12 at 9:54amQuote:
Understood - I did not know that.Quote:
Interesting; many thanks. Did not realize this was a single vs. double sole issue.post #3682 of 200436/4/12 at 10:03amQuote:Originally Posted by sdolina
No, I didn't specify the thickness, because never ever had it in the shoes and have no idea how high it should be.
What I did with the low cost shoes - I used add a orthopedic inner-soles, that helps.
Now ordering the MTO I was able to told what I need - I asked for the medium support and they added. Try it, you will be pleased.
Very helpful - many thanks!Quote:
Slew: are you saying that you also ask for additional arch support from Vass?post #3683 of 200436/4/12 at 10:37ampost #3684 of 200436/4/12 at 5:58pmQuote:
well it's a curse G
and perhaps aesthetically the boulevards suit certain kinds of shoe more than others. re: my previous post- to be more specific, I prefer rubber on CBD shoes, especially black, I feel it's more consistent with the formal look. the little silver sliver at the front of a black oxford don't look rite to me. however, the metal lasts betterpost #3685 of 200436/4/12 at 8:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
well it's a curse G
and perhaps aesthetically the boulevards suit certain kinds of shoe more than others. re: my previous post- to be more specific, I prefer rubber on CBD shoes, especially black, I feel it's more consistent with the formal look. the little silver sliver at the front of a black oxford don't look rite to me. however, the metal lasts better
OCD seems to be a curse, indeed. keeding.
i hear you walking. the boulevard is thinner than the other plates, anyway.
i have no long term experience with the rubber. although durability isn't really a factor, imo?post #3686 of 200436/4/12 at 8:27pmpost #3687 of 200436/4/12 at 8:38pmpost #3688 of 200436/4/12 at 9:12pmBeen using the rubber toes for some time now, a local cobbler installed them on some older loake and peals and they performed well. I don't do that anymore, he had to cut part of the stitching in the sole. An important note is that I don't live in a city that I have to walk a lot, so for me, anything is durable.post #3689 of 200436/5/12 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by rikod
Been using the rubber toes for some time now, a local cobbler installed them on some older loake and peals and they performed well. I don't do that anymore, he had to cut part of the stitching in the sole. An important note is that I don't live in a city that I have to walk a lot, so for me, anything is durable.
you order your vass with the rubber ones?post #3690 of 200436/5/12 at 3:44am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Canada goose Windermere parka anyone have? 10 seconds ago
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Dsquared runway leather jacket 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Rug and Carpet Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 14 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...