or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 231

post #3451 of 20264
F last. Maybe U if you're a small size.
post #3452 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post


From what I've seen that is a the norm with Vass?
I'm pleasantly surprised (for my future pocketbook) that the Japanese have not caught on to Vass yet, as far as I know, because the details such as a seemless heel cup is right up their alley.

 

They been importing quite a bit of Vass under Uglioli or something, where U last got its name...

post #3453 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


please do not use vass and dover in the same sentence. thanks.
i dunno, if you miss something out. but, when you're going austro-hungarian in rtw, vass is definitely something you should look into. not only, because their distribution to sf is well established through various channels.
good luck

P3240060.jpg 

 

 

 doh

post #3454 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

They been importing quite a bit of Vass under Uglioli or something, where U last got its name...

It's Ugolini (Roberto Ugolini from Firenze). The lasts were designed in conjunction with Isetan for the Japanese market so I think it's safe to say that the Japanese are aware of Vass.

From the Vass website:

"As a result of our cooperation with Roberto Ugolini, a shoe craftsman from Florance, and based on new designer impulses and on demands of our customers, we have created a new, Italian style range of lasts and model collection within our existing classic models and last types. The foundation of the cooperation was provided by an order received from the Iseatan company in Tokyo, which intended to expand its shoe collection with a high-quality product that combines the shoe craftsman tradition – which is gradually fading away all over the world – with a dynamic Italian design. To their honour, we have named our new ‘Japanese’ lasts ‘U – Ugolini’ for square toe shoes, and ‘F – Firenze’ for round toe shoes."
post #3455 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King View Post

It's Ugolini (Roberto Ugolini from Firenze). The lasts were designed in conjunction with Isetan for the Japanese market so I think it's safe to say that the Japanese are aware of Vass. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
From the Vass website:

"As a result of our cooperation with Roberto Ugolini, a shoe craftsman from Florance, and based on new designer impulses and on demands of our customers, we have created a new, Italian style range of lasts and model collection within our existing classic models and last types. The foundation of the cooperation was provided by an order received from the Iseatan company in Tokyo, which intended to expand its shoe collection with a high-quality product that combines the shoe craftsman tradition – which is gradually fading away all over the world – with a dynamic Italian design. To their honour, we have named our new ‘Japanese’ lasts ‘U – Ugolini’ for square toe shoes, and ‘F – Firenze’ for round toe shoes."

+1, i have seen several lasts marked vass/japan at my lastmaker.
post #3456 of 20264

yep^

post #3457 of 20264
Anyone know what last this is:

VassDMMB3-1.jpg

i'm digging it on the monk.
Edited by P. Bateman - 5/11/12 at 9:20am
post #3458 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

350x263px-LL-fba9a608_P3240060.jpeg 

Ok its going to be a Norweger on a P2 in 6319 Cognac. Should I go for Goyser or no Goyser?
post #3459 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

Ok its going to be a Norweger on a P2 in 6319 Cognac. Should I go for Goyser or no Goyser?

No goyser, I'm going for cognac grain & no goyser, double sole
post #3460 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

No goyser, I'm going for cognac grain & no goyser, double sole

Why and grain all over or combo with box calf?
post #3461 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

Anyone know what last this is:
VassDMMB3-1.jpg
i'm digging it on the monk.

I think it's the F last, but perhaps best for Luk-Cha to confirm.
post #3462 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post

Why and grain all over or combo with box calf?

Not sure, just personal preference for this model, I have on order a different model w goyser. Grain all over, I own a different pair in grain and I really like it, I also like the photos that I have seen in grain all over more than the combination with calf. But the combo looks beautiful, it's just personal preference for this one.
post #3463 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

Not sure, just personal preference for this model, I have on order a different model w goyser. Grain all over, I own a different pair in grain and I really like it, I also like the photos that I have seen in grain all over more than the combination with calf. But the combo looks beautiful, it's just personal preference for this one.

totally understand..
post #3464 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King View Post


It's Ugolini (Roberto Ugolini from Firenze). The lasts were designed in conjunction with Isetan for the Japanese market so I think it's safe to say that the Japanese are aware of Vass.
From the Vass website:

"As a result of our cooperation with Roberto Ugolini, a shoe craftsman from Florance, and based on new designer impulses and on demands of our customers, we have created a new, Italian style range of lasts and model collection within our existing classic models and last types. The foundation of the cooperation was provided by an order received from the Iseatan company in Tokyo, which intended to expand its shoe collection with a high-quality product that combines the shoe craftsman tradition – which is gradually fading away all over the world – with a dynamic Italian design. To their honour, we have named our new ‘Japanese’ lasts ‘U – Ugolini’ for square toe shoes, and ‘F – Firenze’ for round toe shoes."

 

ya that's it.  couldn't recall the name off the top of my head.

post #3465 of 20264
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post

Some highlights that arrived to test the server....












New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)