Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 1:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 3:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 220
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3287 of 185554/4/12 at 2:08am
i dunno. i have him blocked, anyway.
i'm experimenting, in search of a better word, with the sole edges of my shoes right now. lots of fun.
i had my cobbler sand it down and now i can play... i like dynamic processes.post #3288 of 185554/4/12 at 2:14ampost #3289 of 185554/4/12 at 5:10ampost #3290 of 185554/4/12 at 5:26ampost #3291 of 185554/4/12 at 6:15ampost #3292 of 185554/4/12 at 6:16ampost #3293 of 185554/4/12 at 6:23amQuote:
I actually think the Alden Plaza boots are the winners in this trio - love the blind eyelets.post #3294 of 185554/8/12 at 10:43pmpost #3295 of 185554/8/12 at 11:12pmpost #3296 of 185554/12/12 at 4:33ampost #3297 of 185554/12/12 at 11:08pmpost #3298 of 185554/13/12 at 8:25amI recently purchased my first pair of Vass, U Last I think. I've worn a few times and the shoes, particularly on the right foot, continue to pinch some across the vamp. I do like the shoes and am considering another purchase, this time on St. Peter Last, I believe. How does this last compare to U? Also, what are the chances that the shoes I own will loosen up? I wouldn't describe these as having soft, pliable leather.post #3299 of 185554/13/12 at 10:54am
The U last is much narrower as opposed to the Peter last. Furthermore the Peter is round and not as pointy as the U-last. When I was in Budapest I tried on the U-Last and it was too tight for me so I went with the New Peter, which was a perfect fit.
Quote:Originally Posted by ltontheqt
I recently purchased my first pair of Vass, U Last I think. I've worn a few times and the shoes, particularly on the right foot, continue to pinch some across the vamp. I do like the shoes and am considering another purchase, this time on St. Peter Last, I believe. How does this last compare to U? Also, what are the chances that the shoes I own will loosen up? I wouldn't describe these as having soft, pliable leather.
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...