Thanks, it's really easy with this last really, these are 40.5, I'm 8D US, 7E UK / convert
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 3/24/17 at 3:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 11:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 215post #3212 of 208973/18/12 at 2:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by rikod
London bordeaux scotchgrain, P2 last, I enjoy wearing these very very much. Nobody ever comment on my shoes but everybody seem to like these. Vass grain is of high quality, they are quite pretty in person. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are superb.
my sizing experiment for shell didn't work btw. See sig. Ended up being too narrow. I think i'll try the 3636, same size as F last.post #3213 of 208973/18/12 at 5:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Random question for those familiar with Alden Modified last and Vass
I've found the Alden Modified last fits me very well in the heel, arch and instep but the limited availability even for basic styles is problematic (yes I've been to Moulded Shoe). In the various discussions I've found about the modified last, Austro Hungarian makers are often referenced, Vass being one of them. Do any of the Vass lasts have a similar heel/arch/instep fit as the modified last? I know Vass makes a banana last, but I don't necessarily need a full banana last. It's really the heel/arch shape that I'm trying to find in another shoe besides the modified last.
I'm also wondering about this. No answers?post #3214 of 208973/20/12 at 1:28ampost #3215 of 208973/20/12 at 4:01pm
Finally they have arrived!
Vass, English Plain Model, Black Calf, U-last, 41,5post #3216 of 208973/20/12 at 5:09pmQuote:
Thank you, hope to see some of thoseQuote:
Thanks, sorry did not worked out for you. Did you downsized for the P2?, I wear the same size in F and P2.post #3217 of 208973/20/12 at 5:22pmpost #3218 of 208973/20/12 at 6:05pmpost #3219 of 208973/20/12 at 6:22pmpost #3220 of 208973/20/12 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonRaphael
Finally they have arrived!
Vass, English Plain Model, Black Calf, U-last, 41,5
Not a big fan of the U last but they look really good, I love that model. Enjoypost #3221 of 208973/20/12 at 7:48pmQuote:
yeah i did. I had heard that vass shell shoes fit about half a size large because of lasting difficulties of shell, but it didn't turn out that way. Ah well, hopefully they go to a good home. I will re-order on the 3636 in 41. The leather choice and styling is perfect if i do say so myself.post #3222 of 208973/20/12 at 9:14pm
you already did. the difference is not "spectacular", only visible on close inspection. i'm also very sentimental about my shoes. it has certainly to do with the fact that mr. kiss passed away last year. all of his shoes increased in their personal meaning to me.
i'll definitely post, when i make new pictures. i appreciate your interest.post #3223 of 208973/21/12 at 2:34am
Thank you sir.Quote:
Thank you. Actually they are a bit snug, but when I tried size 42 (8) they fit loosley at the heel area. Therefor I prefer 41,5 although it's a bit snug thinking it will adapt to my foot.Quote:
Thank you. I second that, the English plain model is just beautiful.post #3224 of 208973/21/12 at 9:33ampost #3225 of 208973/21/12 at 2:55pm
Usually not a fan of split toes, but these are fabulous. Wear in good health!
Would appreciate if anybody could help me out with the F-last. I haven't seen the last in person and would like to know how it compares to a more familiar last to me, that is G&G's GG06 last. How do they compare? Are they alike? Are any of them rounder/sleeker/pointier than the other? Is there any difference in waist, and if so, what? The same questions goes for the comparison between Vass K-last and G&G Deco. I have always imagined that U-last --> TG73, K-last --> Deco and F-last --> GG06.
Hope this isn't to much asked. Thanks in advance.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 25 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 29 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...