or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 22

post #316 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
What last are those shell bluchers on? The 3636?

New Peter AKA P2.
post #317 of 20221
I want a three eyelet version in brown suede.
post #318 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post
I think it is the wax that Vass used to finish off the shoes. I personally don't mind it, and suggest you not try to remove it at this stage. With regular use and brushing, it should mostly blend in.

That's what I plan on doing, just brushing and buffing it where the wax is near those seams, but for the most part, I scraped it off.
post #319 of 20221
post #320 of 20221
I have so far gotten rubber toe tips on my Vass. Are there any cons of having rubber compared to metal toe tips?
post #321 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga View Post
I have so far gotten rubber toe tips on my Vass. Are there any cons of having rubber compared to metal toe tips?


1. Longevity: they don't last as long

2. On Marble/tile floors, especially in long hall ways, they do not make an intimidating sound as metal does.

3. They don't hurt as much as when you are kicking someone in the face or nuts
post #322 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 View Post
2. On Marble/tile floors, especially in long hall ways, they do not make an intimidating sound as metal does.

ballet dancer?
post #323 of 20221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
ballet dancer?

just call him "twinkle toes"
post #324 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I want a three eyelet version in brown suede.

I want US customs and the USPS to figure out how to pull their respective heads out of their corresponding asses and deliver a package that's been sitting at JFK for 34 days now. Just a small ask.
post #325 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
I want US customs and the USPS to figure out how to pull their respective heads out of their corresponding asses and deliver a package that's been sitting at JFK for 34 days now. Just a small ask.
What's the hold up?
post #326 of 20221
..
post #327 of 20221
Anyone here wear a size 8EE in C&J 348 Last and can guide me to what size I should order for my first MTO pair of Vass U Last? THanks!
post #328 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshinex View Post
Anyone here wear a size 8EE in C&J 348 Last and can guide me to what size I should order for my first MTO pair of Vass U Last? THanks!
Didn't even know that 348 came in EE ...
post #329 of 20221
My mistake. I meant E
post #330 of 20221
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshinex View Post
Anyone here wear a size 8EE in C&J 348 Last and can guide me to what size I should order for my first MTO pair of Vass U Last? THanks!

why are you bothered, when you go the MTO route? they'll guide you through the measuring process.

rule of thumb UK 8 = EU 42
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)