Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 200

post #2986 of 20896
Me expect nice present soon.
Me very very excited. bounce2.gif
post #2987 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir View Post

Vass haf sole (double sole and single waist) have more low heel than single sole on same last but it unbalance and me fix it good so both heel same high,.
it work perfect.
Double sole more low than single sole heel.
Vass make haf like double sole shoe with low heel,
but it mistake.
Vass should make haf like single sole heel.
All haf Vass in thread have 4 layer of leather if you look,
they need 5 layer of leather like single soil to be correct balanace.

gotta agree and it's the one gripe i have with my pair. I won't be ordering a HAF sole again through Vass.
post #2988 of 20896
I suppose I will just bite the bullet and buy a size 43. If it doesn't work out, look for it in sales.
post #2989 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstomcat View Post


Great post Pliny, and thanks for sharing...few request/questions..
can you post a full picture of F in double and one in dark brown pebble grain?
What color is the F single?
Are there any rationale for the different heel shapes w.r. t single or double? My guess is the heavier double needs a more firm footprint?

 

 

 

 

cheers-   re: heel shapes ...  the pointy toe takes a tapering-to-ground trapezoid -  like a cowboy boot, or women's heels  -  for balance and even distribution of weight.

A broad rounded-toe  takes a broad heel  tapering-to-top trapezoid for the same reasons.Acc to Vass a slight asymmetry in the heel is most comfortable for shoes in between.

 

  l to r: F dble; P2 pebble; F single in antic cognac, but IMO it's a very dark one.  


P3050160.jpgtodayShoesDH253.jpgtodayShoesDH393.jpg

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Pliny,
That's some next level shit right there.
Don't ever change.

 

cheers.gif so many shoes, so little time
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


this is so embarassing. it just underlines that EG produces crap. disgusting. i don't wanna talk about it.


rotflmao.gif  my bad-  didn't know u felt this way.  devil.gif

 

Clearly the Dover is inferior in construction, but still like the look tho, and the willow calf is rare now.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post



GOD! What is that model?!?!?!?! To die for! I'm really feeling a heartache looking at those shoes! Could you provide the name of the model please?

 

And also, anybody have a clue on how to purchase Vass-shoes without having to go for a trip to Budapest? I've read that many people do not get a reply from the homepage of Vass.

 

 


+ 1...    and as Slewfoot says a 'Weymouth'  in Edward Green terminology, mebe Burgundy? ...   but to Vass u might be better saying a U cap Adelaide, or possibly an Italian-Oxford with a U-cap-  or better still provide a pic.  

 

try faxing if email doesn't work

 

same in U last, red cog Z

 

and the Blucher version images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6TCD_pLw8gJvJ7z8P08XSI1C3PvdHXGhkSKOt16X0YjRQxfVMiw

 

 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post


Not sure I'm following this but a few observations that may add to the discussion..
First, these are Vass--they are mostly hand made. Each set of heels will have its own slight idiosyncrasies--individual shapes depending on who, when, and various other factors that were extant when the heels were being shaped.
The other thing is that all things being equal...same lasts, same size...if the double soled shoe is only double soled in the forepart, the heels will be/should be higher--the heel stack thicker, IOW--than on a single soles shoe. And that should be readily apparent.


 

yes, the dble sole stack is higher

 



 

 

 

post #2990 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post


I believe the model is the Weymouth. The color is either Oxblood or Burgundy. Tough to tell from that photo.
PM Kolecho on the board who does group orders a few times a year. Well worth it and he knows his stuff.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

 

+ 1...    and as Slewfoot says a 'Weymouth'  in Edward Green terminology, mebe Burgundy? ...   but to Vass u might be better saying a U cap Adelaide, or possibly an Italian-Oxford with a U-cap-  or better still provide a pic.  

 

try faxing if email doesn't work

 

same in U last, red cog Z

 

and the Blucher version images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6TCD_pLw8gJvJ7z8P08XSI1C3PvdHXGhkSKOt16X0YjRQxfVMiw


Thanks for your answers guys! I contacted kolecho who was very helpful. Although, I do have a problem cause I don't know my actual size on Vass-shoes (UK7,5E on C&J, last 348 & UK8E on G&G). I think I'm going to order a pair of Vass through ascot_shoes at ebay at first and try the size out because the seller do offer refund if the buyer is not happy. After that, I will go bananas on Vass by kolecho! :D

 

EDIT: I can't stop looking at the shoes. Stunning!

 

post #2991 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post



rotflmao.gif   my bad-  didn't know u felt this way.  devil.gif

Clearly the Dover is inferior in construction, but still like the look tho, and the willow calf is rare now.





good sport
post #2992 of 20896

 

I find the C&J lasts to be enormous-  and the 348 most ginormous of all.

I take UK 8.5 in 348 and UK 9 in the 341 and 337.  

UK9 in Vass F, UK 9.5 in P2 and U.

 

You may be UK8 in Vass F, and maybe UK 8-8.5 in U.

 

post #2993 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

 

I find the C&J lasts to be enormous-  and the 348 most ginormous of all.

I take UK 8.5 in 348 and UK 9 in the 341 and 337.  

UK9 in Vass F, UK 9.5 in P2 and U.

 

You may be UK8 in Vass F, and maybe UK 8-8.5 in U.


That's what I also thought. I've ordered a UK8 in U-last. Hope it fits so that I can move on with my other orders. Thank you for you input!

post #2994 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post


cheers-   re: heel shapes ...  the pointy toe takes a tapering-to-ground trapezoid -  like a cowboy boot, or women's heels  -  for balance and even distribution of weight.
A broad rounded-toe  takes a broad heel  tapering-to-top trapezoid for the same reasons.Acc to Vass a slight asymmetry in the heel is most comfortable for shoes in between.

l to r: F dble; P2 pebble; F single in antic cognac, but IMO it's a very dark one.  

[/URL]todayShoesDH393.jpg


cheers awesome.. looks like you are a derby guy smile.gif

The one above isn't this in the R last? Doesn't look F to me...but very nice though.
post #2995 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Of Saphir View Post

Me expect nice present soon.
Me very very excited. bounce2.gif

congratulations..
I wish I too can get a present...but it will not happen lol
post #2996 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post


That's what I also thought. I've ordered a UK8 in U-last. Hope it fits so that I can move on with my other orders. Thank you for you input!


good luck. imo, the u-last might be a bit complexe for a start into this venture. well, you have to start somewhere, anyway.
post #2997 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post

One more thing - while looking through the photos of various Vass calf colours in this thread I found it difficult to compare them due to obvious differences in lighting, flash, etc So with a bit of spare time on my hands, I came up with this: Maybe this may help someone else - all photos are from the online Vass catalogue. While I cannot vouch for the objective colour accuracy of the photo as I have no information about what sort of photography setup Vass used, at the very least one would be able to compare the colours to each other given the lighting/setup should have been identical for each shoe.


Much appreciated. Now, can we have the shell colour chart please?

post #2998 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


good luck. imo, the u-last might be a bit complexe for a start into this venture. well, you have to start somewhere, anyway.


Thank you for your concern. I just love the italian touch of the U-last. If the shoe doesn't fit I'll send it back since the seller offers full refund if not satisfied.

post #2999 of 20896

If one wishes, does Vass trim down the welt when ordering?

post #3000 of 20896
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

If one wishes, does Vass trim down the welt when ordering?

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It's hit and miss.

If they don't, just get your local cobbler to do it. Mine does a fantastic job.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)