or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 191

post #2851 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedee View Post

Whats the best and cheapest way to get a pair of Vass shoes?

PM Kolecho on the board. He organizes bulk buys. It is technically cheaper to buy them from Vass, but many people have gotten hit with a large duty tax when the shoes come into their country which then makes them as or more expensive than buying from Kolecho in the first place. And a lot more of a headache. Vass can also sometimes be unresponsive if they are very busy. Good luck as they are well worth it!
post #2852 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

PM Kolecho on the board. He organizes bulk buys. It is technically cheaper to buy them from Vass, but many people have gotten hit with a large duty tax when the shoes come into their country which then makes them as or more expensive than buying from Kolecho in the first place. And a lot more of a headache. Vass can also sometimes be unresponsive if they are very busy. Good luck as they are well worth it!

Agreed and I have ordered through kolecho myself on more than one occasion. However I've had customs charges, VAT and Royal Mail handling fees imposed when the package arrives from HK, without fail. Nothing appears to get through here, whereas incoming items into the US, even when declared at full value, seem to most often pass onto the addressee without either inspection or charging.
post #2853 of 20218
Does the duty apply to second-hand purchases as well? I just received a pair of shoes with an accurate declared value, but there was no duty charged.
post #2854 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedee View Post

Whats the best and cheapest way to get a pair of Vass shoes?

going to budapest
post #2855 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

PM Kolecho on the board. He organizes bulk buys.

actually, this doesn't make sense, imo, as deedee is in the EU and Hungary already benefits from the free exchange of goods within these boundaries. besides, he also benefits from the low forint.
post #2856 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

actually, this doesn't make sense, imo, as deedee is in the EU and Hungary already benefits from the free exchange of goods within these boundaries. besides, he also benefits from the low forint.

Hmmmm.....didn't realize that was the case between the two.
post #2857 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkiula View Post

Matter of opinion. F-last is a fugly round thingie in the front, suitable for uncles. Younger men prefer the more Italian look of U and K.

I guess I will know in a few days! the fugly round thingie does sound interesting
post #2858 of 20218
Does the F last fit true to size. i.e. Would a 9uk in C&J be a 43 in F last?

Thanks guys.
post #2859 of 20218
emc894, I would say the F last fits true to size, but has a higher-than-usual instep. I've had to use tongue pads on my pairs, something I rarely have to do.
post #2860 of 20218
263263

Both fit true to size...
post #2861 of 20218
Nice choices sstomcat!

Especially the cap toes.

What are you planning to wear with the pebble grain wingtips?
post #2862 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


going to budapest


Do you know how the process goes when wanting to go with one of the MTO lasts when going to budapest? 

post #2863 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Nice choices sstomcat!
Especially the cap toes.
What are you planning to wear with the pebble grain wingtips?

Thank you, Probably will wear them with khakis, navy, Taupe or even jeans...
the captoes are for dress slacks navy, charcoal woild look good I presume
post #2864 of 20218
What color are the pebble grain wingtips?
post #2865 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyb View Post

What color are the pebble grain wingtips?

Cognac
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)