Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 9:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 150
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2237 of 185868/12/11 at 9:49pmpost #2238 of 185868/12/11 at 9:58pmpost #2239 of 185868/12/11 at 10:24pmpost #2240 of 185868/12/11 at 11:33pmpost #2241 of 185868/13/11 at 1:08amQuote:Originally Posted by aj_del
no idea, I got the pics from http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/164566/vass-galosh-derby-with-captoe-antique-shell-cordovan-eu41/0_20
prob on the 3636. classic shoe.
there is 'Theresianer' model sans broguing here http://www.vass-cipo.hu/Eng/Modellek_02_AltWienEsTheresianer/Modell_02_028_Kicsi.htmlpost #2242 of 185868/13/11 at 1:32ampost #2243 of 185868/13/11 at 1:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
prob on the 3636. classic shoe.
there is 'Theresianer' model sans broguing here http://www.vass-cipo.hu/Eng/Modellek_02_AltWienEsTheresianer/Modell_02_028_Kicsi.html
But thats just a normal captoe derby. I like the galosh part of the model I posted pics ofpost #2244 of 185868/13/11 at 2:07ampost #2245 of 185868/13/11 at 6:54pmpost #2246 of 185868/14/11 at 2:55ampost #2247 of 185868/14/11 at 11:57ampost #2248 of 185868/14/11 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
I know Trini has wide feet - and I know the Vass lasts (having wider feet myself and having tried on various lasts/Sizes at the Vass store) - if he can get these to close, they are slightly long, as vass RARELY makes wider shoes (they have for vonRothbart in the past).
Also, on the right shoe in the photo where the shoe is being worn, there is room by the right lateral ankle, a space between the foot/leg and the shoe.
if you order directly from Vass, they can always make wide fit at no extra charge.post #2249 of 185868/14/11 at 5:20pmpost #2250 of 185868/14/11 at 5:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Comparison picture: (left) G&G TG73 squared & chiseled last....(middle) Vass U last....(right) Clifford Roberts squared last
Sorry...no comparison of various Vass lasts together
Notice how the middle Vass U last is narrower in the toe box area...between all 3 lasts...the Vass fits a bit narrower than the others
well, TG73 doesn't fit me as it is already, guess I will have to skip U last even in wide fit, straight to F last then...
- The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 948 Active Users (138 Members and 810 Guests)
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 9 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › NUMBER (N)INE 2008 F/W chesterfield coat 2 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 10 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 17 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?