or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1320

post #19786 of 20281
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrel42 View Post
 


@CanadaCal You are too kind Sir; I am just a shoeaholic but I do wear them as well :)

In any case, you have our support.  Beautiful collection.

post #19787 of 20281

I have been thinking of my next Vass order and have been trying to find a picture of the make up I have in mind. Its an F last, London 3 or 5 eyelet derby, with a 270 goyser welt. In my head thats a shoe that should have some pictures floating around, but I cant find one. Anyone have one or know where I might find a picture? Thanks.

post #19788 of 20281
I will try to upload more pics when they were unworn but these are my SP lasted wholecuts:

Untitled

Definitely chiseled and elongated but the instep is lower (maybe because I took a half size smaller vs. the U) and actually fits best.

The standard S will be the next purchase.
post #19789 of 20281
Looks great, Doc! So would you say that the slope of the toebox is more forgiving fit the big toe and U?

I have longer big toes and U crushed my feet. Even in H width. I'm curious to try SP!
post #19790 of 20281
Latest Vass work of art added to the collection.

post #19791 of 20281
Brown museum, burgundy suede, F last, double sole?
post #19792 of 20281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

Brown museum, burgundy suede, F last, double sole?

Plum museum, correct on the suede, last is some combination of the F last and my specific measurements, based on an in store visit.
post #19793 of 20281
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenaf2003 View Post

Plum museum, correct on the suede, last is some combination of the F last and my specific measurements, based on an in store visit.

What's their upcharge for a last adjustment?
post #19794 of 20281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

What's their upcharge for a last adjustment?

To be honest I don't know. Since the store visit, I've only ever ordered directly with Mr. Kuti and foolish as it sounds I've never even looked at the price. Typically I get a belt to match as well. I know that when I bought two pair in store I believe I paid around $11-1200, but have never checked on price since then. I just request what I want, then he tells me if and when it can be done. Maybe I'm afraid to see what it is😬
post #19795 of 20281
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenaf2003 View Post

To be honest I don't know. Since the store visit, I've only ever ordered directly with Mr. Kuti and foolish as it sounds I've never even looked at the price. Typically I get a belt to match as well. I know that when I bought two pair in store I believe I paid around $11-1200, but have never checked on price since then. I just request what I want, then he tells me if and when it can be done. Maybe I'm afraid to see what it is😬

Did you just specify in your email correspondence that you wanted x mm of room here and there in the shoe and they were able to accommodate you?
post #19796 of 20281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

Did you just specify in your email correspondence that you wanted x mm of room here and there in the shoe and they were able to accommodate you?

The adjustments were made during his visit to the Vass store in Budapest.
post #19797 of 20281
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsol View Post

The adjustments were made during his visit to the Vass store in Budapest.

My bad, poor reading comprehension tongue.gif
post #19798 of 20281
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Looks great, Doc! So would you say that the slope of the toebox is more forgiving fit the big toe and U?

I have longer big toes and U crushed my feet. Even in H width. I'm curious to try SP!
Sorry for the late response. It feels roomier from my experience as it has that "bump" to add more volume.

iPhone 044

iPhone 046

iPhone 047

Hope this helps with those curious about the SP.
post #19799 of 20281

Just finished shining them 

 

post #19800 of 20281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawl Lapel View Post

Did you just specify in your email correspondence that you wanted x mm of room here and there in the shoe and they were able to accommodate you?

Yes, thanks Shawl that's how it worked. Though after my visit to the store, once I took delivery of the initial pair, Mr. Kuti and I corresponded on certain tweaks to hone in and fine tune subsequent orders to get a perfect fit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)