or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 131

post #1951 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King View Post
haha, yes of course I was joking -- just having a little fun since the image was quoted so many times in a row.

Now for a real question. Any sizing comparisons between F last and C&J 341? In particular, I'm wondering about width and how elongated the F last is in comparison to the C&J 341. Thanks.

I wear an 8UK in the 341 and a 42 in F last. The fit is similar -- the F may have a little more width toward the end of the toe box and it looks to me slightly less pointy than the 341. Overall length is roughly the same. Both are great lasts.
post #1952 of 20218
Thanks Oyez. C&J 341 UK9.5E fits me decently but I could use a little additional instep/width room if I was going to be picky. I agree that the 341 is a nice last -- it's got a good balanced round toe without approaching stubby or over-elongated. I just want to make sure that the F Last doesn't approach C&J 337/348/363 in terms of how elongated it is.
post #1953 of 20218
man i can't figure out whether i'd be a 41 or a 41.5 in the F last. I wear 8.5D on most US shoes (AS for Peal and co 87 last), 7.5UK on C&J 224 last, 7.5UK on trickers 4497. Relatively high instep but not ridiculously high. anyone else an 8.5D and can comment? edit: does it make a difference that i'm wanting to order boots? I've heard some people say that the boots sometimes run a bit larger.
post #1954 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
man i can't figure out whether i'd be a 41 or a 41.5 in the F last. I wear 8.5D on most US shoes (AS for Peal and co 87 last), 7.5UK on C&J 224 last, 7.5UK on trickers 4497. Relatively high instep but not ridiculously high.

anyone else an 8.5D and can comment?

edit: does it make a difference that i'm wanting to order boots? I've heard some people say that the boots sometimes run a bit larger.

Sounds like we have a similar foot (although my instep is lower) and I take a 41 in the F Last.
post #1955 of 20218
great thanks!

From reading through the thread, this will cue someone chiming in with "i am also an 8.5 and take a 44 in the F last"

I do like quite a snug fit so i think that a lot of the variance may come from how people personally like shoes to fit.
post #1956 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
I do like quite a snug fit so i think that a lot of the variance may come from how people personally like shoes to fit.

exactly.

just curious, why don't you take measurements and discuss them with the maker. they have all the data of their lasts handy.
post #1957 of 20218
you are right, i should do exactly that.

Cheers
post #1958 of 20218
MOL, get those welts / soles trimmed back by your local cobbler, I do it to all of my Vass, and it makes them look that much better. Nice shoes BTW.
post #1959 of 20218
new delivery
post #1960 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post
I'll just leave these here...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Oh, Lawd!!
post #1961 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
.......does it make a difference that i'm wanting to order boots? I've heard some people say that the boots sometimes run a bit larger.

Boots (unless they're an elegant design) are usually worn with thicker socks then dress shoes. Walking- or shooting socks can add considerable bulk.



Take your measurements over the socks you intend to wear with the boots.
post #1962 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post
I'll just leave these here...



Love the pics
not so sure about the shoes
post #1963 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by quar View Post
MOL, get those welts / soles trimmed back by your local cobbler, I do it to all of my Vass, and it makes them look that much better. Nice shoes BTW.

can you show us your efforts.
post #1964 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
can you show us your efforts.

+ 1 - not quite sure what the OP means here.
post #1965 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by quar View Post
MOL, get those welts / soles trimmed back by your local cobbler, I do it to all of my Vass, and it makes them look that much better. Nice shoes BTW.

+1 I'd like to see too. Do you mean trim the sole around the edges to make it narrower?


Quote:
Originally Posted by theyare View Post
new delivery
[/IMG]

these rock - go the single sole too, don't see it much
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)