Some great photos and interesting make-ups, especially the valways!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 3:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 3:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1299post #19471 of 205526/9/16 at 6:42ampost #19472 of 205526/9/16 at 6:45ampost #19473 of 205526/9/16 at 7:02amQuote:Originally Posted by bsarosi
Thank you for sharing @techaview
Some great photos and interesting make-ups, especially the valways!
Thanks!Quote:Originally Posted by EUtroll
Many thanks for the interesting post!
Did you happen to have a closer look at the SP-last as well? If so, what's your impression?
Yap I saw the SP last. It's essentially the same length and width with S last except S last is more chiseled and SP last has a higher toe cap compared to S last.post #19474 of 205526/9/16 at 11:03amQuote:Originally Posted by techaview Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cross post from Austro-Hungarian School of shoemaking thread on my visit to Budapest, Vienna and Prague.
This is a vass thread so I reckon I will post some pictures of my visit...
This is my first stop for my central/eastern europe trip so naturally Vass Cipo is the first destination to visit. On my way over to visit, I come across Atilla, Buday and Rozsnyai but Vass will be the first I will visit!
So when I am there, Ms Eva Vass and Mr Kuit Reszo are inside and greeted me with welcoming smile. It feel great to have done couple orders via email and finally been able to meet them. Chat abit about shoe, the city and the food in Budapest. Most Important and priority is to see try all the various last that I have not access to prior!
The front of their store. They have 2 stores in the same street, Haris Koz. If you come in from the main street Vaci utca you will see the first and original store. Walk further down and you will see their present main store.
Mr Kuti Reszo attending to customer in the background when I first reach
View from the ground floor. See how neatly stacked their shoes are
View from the upper floor
Various chukka in suede and last
Valway in all its glory. They have a lot of interesting combination here...
Vass has recently introduced military polish as part of their offering. Finishing looks much better compared to past orders.
Cordovan line up. Currently in stock Dark Cognac, Colour 8 and Black
One of my favourite design.
For those interested in comparision. Left is red brown suede and right is mid brown suede
Interesting suede zip top vass briefcase. Thought it looks big on picture but in real life it has a nice proportion when I carry it
Since I have been getting couple of MTO from them previously and since I am here, might as well tried their MTM service where my feet is being measured and size adjusted accordingly from existing last. The process is simple. Just stand or sit up and Mr Kuti Reszo will draw the outline of your feet and measure your instep height. Next just try the size of the shoe closest to my feet measurement with the last and feedback to Reszo on how i feel about wearing it. For eg, is it tight or loose at the heel, instep or toe cap area? From there he will make the necessary remark on the paper note.
In this case, I try S last for my next project and realized its not as elongated as what initially thought. More pics to post when they are ready. Hopefully the make up and fit turn out well...
Excellent - thanks for sharing!
post #19475 of 205526/9/16 at 7:07pmpost #19476 of 205526/9/16 at 7:13pmpost #19477 of 205526/9/16 at 8:03pmpost #19478 of 205526/10/16 at 1:06ampost #19479 of 205526/10/16 at 1:17amQuote:
I'm sure about others but it does for me... I size down half for my shell wholecut with goyser welt in U last. It seems to me like 0.25 size down...post #19480 of 205526/10/16 at 1:19amQuote:Originally Posted by DrizztD
Love the write up @techaview!
Thanks for all the pictures!
Seems like a wonderful trip
On another note, I just did a write up on Maftei as well.. : )
Sorry guys if it is inappropriate to post here....post #19481 of 205526/10/16 at 4:40ampost #19482 of 205526/10/16 at 12:57pmpost #19483 of 205526/10/16 at 1:23pmpost #19484 of 205526/10/16 at 3:33pmpost #19485 of 205526/12/16 at 10:42am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Look goes on... 35 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 23 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 34 minutes ago
- › Jacket from Drive 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...