or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1290

post #19336 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo View Post


Considering maybe 1 or 2 occasions for formal wear, it's a practical & budget pick and great to stop me craving into more high-end shoes (so far my top tier one is C&J)...
I'm actually strongly considering a Vass WC in black for the same type of events. I wear suits often though so I'll get pretty regular wear from them. I used to have C&J Alex but I found the heel to be rather shallow.

For Vass I'm looking at the SP last (rumor has it that's it has a lower instep) and maybe go with my F size (half size down from U).

I'm also considering the Wildsmith Regent (http://www.wildsmith.com/regent-black-oxford#.V0XYvvkrKJA) made by AS. I find Carmina's leather and construction to be light and I prefer the heft of the British counterparts.

G&G Sinatra is my grail although I missed that boat... could have had it for like $600 some time ago but I didn't notice it went on sale.
post #19337 of 20218

I would also be interested with more information on the SP-last. Does it have a narrow fit like the u-last or is it more forgiving for us with wide feet? 

post #19338 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo View Post

Hi all, newbie here. I'm consider Vass as my wedding shoe.
Being a narrow feet 9C, and I would prefer wholecuts for my low instep feet & love the style.
Tried C&J Weymouth and 7E seems sitting on feet well.

I'm lost in color choice as I seldom dress up, and assume the wedding suit will be black or dark velvet tux.
A note would be I'm very slim - 27" waist and I couldn't manage to boast my size for years. Metabolism issue.

I wish to keep the shoe for daily use - while I will be in jeans and tee/polo as being in  IT & video production, no dress up is required.

Would you all kindly share your thoughts with me? Cheers!

How are you a 9c, yet fit in a 7E uk? I'm a 7.5c in dress shoes and a pretty consistent 6.5uk. I am, however an 8.5 in sneakers.
post #19339 of 20218
Strangly that's really the case, i tested the weymouth at local dealer after feet measuring and probably the most snug fit shoe i ever tried. No pressure felt or lose at heel.

I got another UK7 Carmina Llubi chelsea that sit well on feey- though Llubi is kind of wide last. Also a C&J 365 Islay 7E fits ok and might feel tight after hours of walk, might need some breakin anyway.

Regardless, Vass replied my rough mesaurements with EUR41 fitting.
post #19340 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo View Post

Strangly that's really the case, i tested the weymouth at local dealer after feet measuring and probably the most snug fit shoe i ever tried. No pressure felt or lose at heel.

I got another UK7 Carmina Llubi chelsea that sit well on feey- though Llubi is kind of wide last. Also a C&J 365 Islay 7E fits ok and might feel tight after hours of walk, might need some breakin anyway.

Regardless, Vass replied my rough mesaurements with EUR41 fitting.

Half a size bigger than me. You're a size 8.
post #19341 of 20218

I love black shoes, and I love wholecuts, but that is probably not the best option for what you'll want post-wedding, from the sound of it.

 

I wouldn't have any hesitation wearing them with a navy SC and grey trews, but that's probably about as casual a look as I'd wear them with...

post #19342 of 20218
It's quite a strange math as on Brannock and self trace the length & arch length did crossover 8.5. I can't really tell which part of the measurements goes wrong.
post #19343 of 20218
Ultimately it's how things fit on the foot. I only bought it up to save you the aggregation of getting a shoe shipped that's one whole size too large.
post #19344 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

I love black shoes, and I love wholecuts, but that is probably not the best option for what you'll want post-wedding, from the sound of it.

I wouldn't have any hesitation wearing them with a navy SC and grey trews, but that's probably about as casual a look as I'd wear them with...

Would appeciate any alternative recommendations. Afterall I'm green on matching - time to learn.
post #19345 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

Ultimately it's how things fit on the foot. I only bought it up to save you the aggregation of getting a shoe shipped that's one whole size too large.

Thanks. I guess the size down was due to my narrow and thin feet - myself is already slim and feet is even more skinny.

Reducing size equally reducing the width in RTW shoes afaik?
post #19346 of 20218
Museum brown captoe bal would be nice, unless you're doing a super formal wedding. I wore a shell chukka, but mine was a summer country wedding.
post #19347 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

Museum brown captoe bal would be nice, unless you're doing a super formal wedding. I wore a shell chukka, but mine was a summer country wedding.

Last time i did wear chukka for friend's lunch wedding banquet. It was still very hot and sunny for September Hong Kong, probably over 27 degree Celsius.

Mine won't be a real formal one, rather plain one in a Catholic Church.
post #19348 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo View Post


Would appeciate any alternative recommendations. Afterall I'm green on matching - time to learn.

It's less so coordinating outfits than matching the formality of the shoe. Most wholecuts are going to look a bit odd (note: this only applies to SF and a select few in real life...most will think nothing of it) when paired with a very casual look like jeans and a polo.

 

Enzo Bonafe via Skoak has, or had, a very awesome brown wholecut that skewed a bit casual thanks to the natural colored sole.

post #19349 of 20218
@galileo give Carmina a look too. Not sure what your time horizon is with regards to needing shoes and whatnot. Nonetheless, they have quite a nice wholecut model on the rain last which is available from their webstore which includes customs, shipping, and trees if you're in the US. Skoak has a vegano brown wholecut with a medallion on the simpson last (narrow fitting), which again includes customs and shipping, but doesn't include trees. 
 
Dare I forget to mention Skoak recently put up an Enzo Bonafe black wholecut in the narrow version of the 946 last, which is damn sharp. 
post #19350 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

It's less so coordinating outfits than matching the formality of the shoe. Most wholecuts are going to look a bit odd (note: this only applies to SF and a select few in real life...most will think nothing of it) when paired with a very casual look like jeans and a polo.

Enzo Bonafe via Skoak has, or had, a very awesome brown wholecut that skewed a bit casual thanks to the natural colored sole.

Should be this one? Yes it looks nice.
500x1000px-LL-080bb71d_Enzo-Bonafe-Seamless-Wholecut-Aubergine-Calf-HIGHRES-04.jpeg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)