or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1286

post #19276 of 20287
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonC View Post

Holy calamity batman! @UrbanComposition is selling some great Vass at stupid prices:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/523122/vass-250-41-and-41-5-chukka-and-galosh-oxford

Damn, those chukkas are almost certainly .5 too big for me but oh so tempting.
post #19277 of 20287
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


I've only ever owned H width Vass shoes, so I can't compare. But yes, Mr Kuti will be able to tell you, I'm sure.

Maybe this is even mentioned in Mr. Vass' book.

Its  really a good question @sleepysanfran.  However I read nothing about having to make a wider insole in Vass´ book. If I am not mistaken he estates in its graphic an increase in girth of 5mm, but I never had clear that point ( waist/ heel/instep/toe cap ...?). 

post #19278 of 20287

I decided to place an order for the Vass Valway. Similar to what Namor ordered a while back, though I won't be cashing out for the Cordovan. Instead, plan on going with the Dark Brown Calf/ Brown Suede Shaft on Dainite sole.

I would like to have rounded toes as possible but not P2 rounded ..

So, I guess this sums it up to either R or F last.

Is the R last actually more rounded than the F?

Price is pretty good for these boots in calf/suede combo .. 550 EUR + 10% cash discount as I understood.. Budapest is very near my home town, but I wanted to come up with mind pre-set and avoid wasting Kuti's time  ..

post #19279 of 20287
Quote:
Originally Posted by azumi View Post

Very beautiful Sir. Is it a gold museum calf Italian oxford? I intend to order my first pair of Vass like that model.


If you are wondering how a pair in lighter gold museum would look like.. 😉
post #19280 of 20287
Hey guys so I'm looking at two new pairs but just trying to decide on the colors for each:

U wing shoe on U last

And

V cap shoe on K last


For one pair I am going to do:

Plum museum with burgundy suede

And

Gold museum with the mid brown suede


I want to have the main shoe upper be the calf and the upper part (if a balmoral) or the Adelaide part to be the suede.




Any thoughts ? I currently have one V cap Adelaide Oxford in a dark burgundy calf so I am leaning towards to gold museum for the V cap but am opened to either another Adelaide style or a balmoral like the V cap Old Enlgish II (don't have either)







For the U wing Oxford, I think an Adelaide could be a cool combination but I'm also opened to a balmoral style but think the plum museum and burgundy calf will work nicely with this style.


post #19281 of 20287
^^^^I have all of them above love them all & you can't go wrong with any make up you choose to do.
post #19282 of 20287
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

^^^^I have all of them above love them all & you can't go wrong with any make up you choose to do.

Thanks and great to hear!
post #19283 of 20287
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


Thanks and great to hear!

 

Yes, both sound lovely. 

post #19284 of 20287
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBestWR View Post




First real day of summer in Montreal
big fan
post #19285 of 20287
Quote:
Originally Posted by metranger8694 View Post
 

Epaulet GMTO Vass Museum Cognac DM's.-F last, regular width. I had to size down .5 with these. My first and only(so far) Vass.

Maison Margiela Suit Trousers-7" leg opening.

 

 

 

Haven't seen fritzl around in ages. Thought he was back when you quoted him.. turns out it was a bunch of old posts you quoted.

 

Actually, I don't understand but why the necro quotes? Because of the DM?

 

I was also under the impression Epaulet hasn't stocked Vass in ages but I don't follow their thread much.

post #19286 of 20287
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post

Hey guys so I'm looking at two new pairs but just trying to decide on the colors for each:

U wing shoe on U last

And

V cap shoe on K last


For one pair I am going to do:

Plum museum with burgundy suede

And

Gold museum with the mid brown suede


I want to have the main shoe upper be the calf and the upper part (if a balmoral) or the Adelaide part to be the suede.




Any thoughts ? I currently have one V cap Adelaide Oxford in a dark burgundy calf so I am leaning towards to gold museum for the V cap but am opened to either another Adelaide style or a balmoral like the V cap Old Enlgish II (don't have either)

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





For the U wing Oxford, I think an Adelaide could be a cool combination but I'm also opened to a balmoral style but think the plum museum and burgundy calf will work nicely with this style.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Personally, I'd prefer it the other way around.  But if you have a plum Adelaide already, then I think you have to go this route.  Regardless it will look great! 

post #19287 of 20287
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonC View Post

Holy calamity batman! @UrbanComposition is selling some great Vass at stupid prices:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/523122/vass-250-41-and-41-5-chukka-and-galosh-oxford

Looks like I am quite lucky to land myself that pair in 41.5 galoshes Oxford. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #19288 of 20287
Was so eager to wear these that I skipped the carpet break-in and went straight to pavement. Loving them so far!



post #19289 of 20287

Hey gents!  Looking to get some new vass shoes and have got a question regarding museum calf...

 

I understand that museum calf is thinner than the calfskin vass is offering.  May I hear you guys' opinion on the actual difference?  Does it warrant any sizing-down?

post #19290 of 20287
Quote:
Originally Posted by phphl View Post

Hey gents!  Looking to get some new vass shoes and have got a question regarding museum calf...

I understand that museum calf is thinner than the calfskin vass is offering.  May I hear you guys' opinion on the actual difference?  Does it warrant any sizing-down?

I have both Vass calf and Vass museum and they seem similar in thickness and weight, actually. My museum calf from Bonafe seens slightly thinner. Not sure if that's due to a thinner lining or if they source from different tanneries.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)