or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1266

post #18976 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by papercut View Post

Any full length shots?

Don't think so...I'll look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

@Murlsquirl colours and textures in perfect harmony there. First rate.

Thanks, Roger.
post #18977 of 20259
Murls.... Lovely! What colour are those? I have focuses on only shell additions recently and really want a nice flexible pair of suede I can wear on a Friday or outside of work too.
post #18978 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post

Murls.... Lovely! What colour are those? I have focuses on only shell additions recently and really want a nice flexible pair of suede I can wear on a Friday or outside of work too.

 

Thank you.  They are medium brown.  

post #18979 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Awesome in every way. F-last?

I guess you use braces with you pants? smile.gif

@Murlsquirl bump!
post #18980 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

@Murlsquirl bump!

Sorry, missed that. Yes, they are on the F last. I actually wear belts. Those were freshly pressed and just put on, which is a big reason why the length looks just right.
post #18981 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrel42 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypi2 View Post
 

Currently located in the U.S., I am considering ordering Vass MTO shoes.  Could you, please, recommend a few retailers or proxies with whom you have ordered Vass MTO and whose service you have enjoyed?  Thanks!


Confirm what @TtownMD said, notch here of SF is definitely your man, of course I would also recommend ascotshoes (also on SF) for your Vass needs


thanks @andrel42

post #18982 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post


Sorry, missed that. Yes, they are on the F last. I actually wear belts. Those were freshly pressed and just put on, which is a big reason why the length looks just right.


@Murlsquirl can you list some other comparable lasts to the F? I am wondering if they fit similar to some shoes I already have.

 

Thanks,

 

DL-

post #18983 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLane View Post
 


@Murlsquirl can you list some other comparable lasts to the F? I am wondering if they fit similar to some shoes I already have.

 

Thanks,

 

DL-

 

Shape wise, I would say EG 82 and AS 109 are similar.  

post #18984 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Shape wise, I would say EG 82 and AS 109 are similar.  
This, with the 82 being slightly longer, tapering more, and curving inward more (like a banana) than the F last. This is all at sizes 43 and under. That's my casual observation.

Mid brown is a livelier shade than snuff (Alden) suede and red-brown suede is on par with polo/Fox suede.

The nap on the French suede is longer than the Italian suede, FYI.

Oh, and I started rocking wider pant openings, thanks to shots like these (7.75").
post #18985 of 20259
@ttownmd are these yours? Either way...holy shit they are sexy.

post #18986 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

@ttownmd are these yours? Either way...holy shit they are sexy.

You guessed very very well my man 👍👍
post #18987 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post
 

 

Shape wise, I would say EG 82 and AS 109 are similar.  


Thank you @Murlsquirl, I should have been more specific, as I do not own any EG or AS. I have several C&J, Carmina and Alden's. I appreciate your feedback nonetheless.

 

DL-

post #18988 of 20259
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLane View Post


Thank you @Murlsquirl
, I should have been more specific, as I do not own any EG or AS. I have several C&J, Carmina and Alden's. I appreciate your feedback nonetheless.

DL-

Well, I would say the F last is probably closest to Carmina's Forest last and C&J's 341 last in terms of fit and overall shape.
Though I would say that the F last definitely has a higher instep. I size down for it.
post #18989 of 20259

nm


Edited by soender - 3/25/16 at 4:40am
post #18990 of 20259
Congrats soender those are lovely 👍👍
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)