or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1259

post #18871 of 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post
 

 

@gdl203 Greg, are these antic cognac scotchgrain?

 

Oxblood scotchgrain

post #18872 of 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
 

 

Oxblood scotchgrain

These would be awesome to see in real (harsh) light. In seeing these, they appear far browner (neither good nor bad) than I would have expected, though I'm guessing this is probably not accurate.

post #18873 of 20251

Wouldn't have guessed oxblood. Thanks!

post #18874 of 20251
Does anyone with experience from Vass' F-last have experience with Alfred Sargent's 109-last? I'm interested in the aesthetic differences regarding overall sleekness and shape of the toe box.
post #18875 of 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

Does anyone with experience from Vass' F-last have experience with Alfred Sargent's 109-last? I'm interested in the aesthetic differences regarding overall sleekness and shape of the toe box.
I have both, I'll try to post side by side pics later today. The 109 is suede tho. I would say off hand that the AS has a slightly more almond shape to the toe.
post #18876 of 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

I have both, I'll try to post side by side pics later today. The 109 is suede tho. I would say off hand that the AS has a slightly more almond shape to the toe.
That would be extremely helpful, thank you. Bird view and side by side so as to be able to compare them in profile would be great.
post #18877 of 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

That would be extremely helpful, thank you. Bird view and side by side so as to be able to compare them in profile would be great.

Here's mine in bird view view. Sorry was in a hurry and didn't take the side profile. Though I have to mention that my f last is in Norwegian welt hence the outsole looks bigger.. Hope it helps!

post #18878 of 20251

From your photo seems like F has more volume at the ball/waist, more room at the toe & less instep?. I like 109 last very much but never had the chance to try it on. Thanks.

post #18879 of 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

From your photo seems like F has more volume at the ball/waist, more room at the toe & less instep?. I like 109 last very much but never had the chance to try it on. Thanks.
I find 109.to be roomier in the toe, instep maybe slightly lower
post #18880 of 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

From your photo seems like F has more volume at the ball/waist, more room at the toe & less instep?. I like 109 last very much but never had the chance to try it on. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

From your photo seems like F has more volume at the ball/waist, more room at the toe & less instep?. I like 109 last very much but never had the chance to try it on. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

I find 109.to be roomier in the toe, instep maybe slightly lower

Yap that about right on how I feel wearing them. Oh ya point to note is that f last is 41eur which translate to 7uk and my 109 is 7.5uk...
post #18881 of 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by techaview View Post

Here's mine in bird view view. Sorry was in a hurry and didn't take the side profile. Though I have to mention that my f last is in Norwegian welt hence the outsole looks bigger.. Hope it helps!


Quote:
Originally Posted by techaview View Post



Yap that about right on how I feel wearing them. Oh ya point to note is that f last is 41eur which translate to 7uk and my 109 is 7.5uk...

Thank you, this is very helpful. To me, the 109 last looks more like the shape of a banana, whilst the F last is more symmetric. By looking at pictures I get a feeling that the cap toe area is smaller on the 109 last compared to the F last. Reminds me of the cap toe of AE's Park Ave, which I don't like as it's to small. These two things makes me hesitating

As far as sizing goes, would you say that one should generally size up 1/2 from F to 109? I'm a size EU41 on the F last and EU41,5 on the U last.
post #18882 of 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post


Thank you, this is very helpful. To me, the 109 last looks more like the shape of a banana, whilst the F last is more symmetric. By looking at pictures I get a feeling that the cap toe area is smaller on the 109 last compared to the F last. Reminds me of the cap toe of AE's Park Ave, which I don't like as it's to small. These two things makes me hesitating

As far as sizing goes, would you say that one should generally size up 1/2 from F to 109? I'm a size EU41 on the F last and EU41,5 on the U last.

Dude we have the same size.. I wear 41.5 for my u last as well. So I say 7.5uk for 109.
post #18883 of 20251

 

Incoming No.8 wholecuts on U last. Appreciate not everyone loves a wholecut, but looks nice to me and wanted to add a burgundy-ish one to my collection.

post #18884 of 20251
I like those a lot, @Gavinband
post #18885 of 20251
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

I like those a lot, @Gavinband

 

Ty, sir!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)