Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 12:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 2:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1256post #18826 of 205483/7/16 at 8:18ampost #18827 of 205483/7/16 at 8:32ampost #18828 of 205483/7/16 at 8:59amI'm wondering if I could get your opinions on my next pair of Vass. I'd like to get a derby in burgundy shell with dainite soles. They'd mostly be a shoe to wear with blazers or on the weekend, but I'd wear them with a suit occasionally.
So, I'm thinking of a London with a rounded stitched upper or the 1006 wingtip (likely without a medallion). I don't have any derbies that are similar to either. Pics are below.
Finally, it will be on the U last. I know what you're thinking, why not the F last or P2 for a derby. The reason is the U last just fits my feet perfectly and is too comfortable to resist. I have one pair of F lasts and they pinch my pinky toe a bit.
So, which would you recommend? Thanks for your help!post #18829 of 205483/7/16 at 9:03ampost #18830 of 205483/7/16 at 9:07ampost #18831 of 205483/7/16 at 9:44amQuote:
Did you request Vass to trim the edge of the welt/sole closer to the upper in the forefront/waist to be neater?.
I really like the wide welt/sole that Vass executes at the forefront, it gives the shoes some kind of austro-hungarian character and much protection. However, there are some models like yours that look more refine with that narrow welt.post #18832 of 205483/7/16 at 9:46amQuote:
Oh ok! Well the Budapester is a Vass Classic but I do love a hand sewn blucher in shell. I think I would go with the Apron toe personally. I have an AE burgundy shell NST that I enjoy very much.post #18833 of 205483/7/16 at 10:36amZapasman, yes, I forgot to mention that I specifically asked for the welt to be trimmed as close as possible. Wide welts make any pair seem wider and clunkier, they usually fit Norvegese pairs or country boots well, but not this dressy F-last. The welt stitching is neater than in any of my older pairs, but I didn't ask for such accuracy. I have a feeling the makers have just decided to raise the bar. I'm eagerly waiting for what they come up with in the future. True fiddleback waists would be oh-so-nice.post #18834 of 205483/7/16 at 10:47ampost #18835 of 205483/7/16 at 2:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by VRaivio
I've stopped counting how many pairs have gone through my hands, but after so many, there's still room for alternative colour shades. Gotta get those highs somehow.
Here's made to order Vass schüs with F-last, burgundy suede, their newer double monk model, double-to-single tapered oak bark soles, brass buckles, undyed welt top and white stitching. The shade is very difficult to capture with my poor-ass camera, but I'd describe it as a dark red with plenty of brown in it. Ruddy in sunshine, browner indoors - the top-down picture shows it best.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great shade. I'm considering a shoe or boot with plum museum and this burgundy suede. Thanks for some photos.
I'm thinking about a v cap toe Adelaide or balmoral two tone shoe with the museum upper and suede for the Adelaide or above the balmoral line. I may even consider a v cap toe balmoral boot with the burgundy suede shaft.post #18836 of 205483/7/16 at 6:03pmpost #18837 of 205483/7/16 at 6:10pmpost #18838 of 205483/7/16 at 7:58pmpost #18839 of 205483/7/16 at 10:52pmQuote:
Tärnsjö is actually the name of the small town (village?) in Sweden where the Tärnsjö Tannery is located.
http://tarnsjogarveri.com/post #18840 of 205483/8/16 at 1:31am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 17 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bjj/mma 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 14 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 16 minutes ago
- › SANTONI LACE-UPS UNISEX SHOES 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...