Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 4:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 12/2/16 at 6:52pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1256post #18826 of 202523/7/16 at 8:18ampost #18827 of 202523/7/16 at 8:32ampost #18828 of 202523/7/16 at 8:59amI'm wondering if I could get your opinions on my next pair of Vass. I'd like to get a derby in burgundy shell with dainite soles. They'd mostly be a shoe to wear with blazers or on the weekend, but I'd wear them with a suit occasionally.
So, I'm thinking of a London with a rounded stitched upper or the 1006 wingtip (likely without a medallion). I don't have any derbies that are similar to either. Pics are below.
Finally, it will be on the U last. I know what you're thinking, why not the F last or P2 for a derby. The reason is the U last just fits my feet perfectly and is too comfortable to resist. I have one pair of F lasts and they pinch my pinky toe a bit.
So, which would you recommend? Thanks for your help!post #18829 of 202523/7/16 at 9:03ampost #18830 of 202523/7/16 at 9:07ampost #18831 of 202523/7/16 at 9:44amQuote:
Did you request Vass to trim the edge of the welt/sole closer to the upper in the forefront/waist to be neater?.
I really like the wide welt/sole that Vass executes at the forefront, it gives the shoes some kind of austro-hungarian character and much protection. However, there are some models like yours that look more refine with that narrow welt.post #18832 of 202523/7/16 at 9:46amQuote:
Oh ok! Well the Budapester is a Vass Classic but I do love a hand sewn blucher in shell. I think I would go with the Apron toe personally. I have an AE burgundy shell NST that I enjoy very much.post #18833 of 202523/7/16 at 10:36amZapasman, yes, I forgot to mention that I specifically asked for the welt to be trimmed as close as possible. Wide welts make any pair seem wider and clunkier, they usually fit Norvegese pairs or country boots well, but not this dressy F-last. The welt stitching is neater than in any of my older pairs, but I didn't ask for such accuracy. I have a feeling the makers have just decided to raise the bar. I'm eagerly waiting for what they come up with in the future. True fiddleback waists would be oh-so-nice.post #18834 of 202523/7/16 at 10:47ampost #18835 of 202523/7/16 at 2:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by VRaivio
I've stopped counting how many pairs have gone through my hands, but after so many, there's still room for alternative colour shades. Gotta get those highs somehow.
Here's made to order Vass schüs with F-last, burgundy suede, their newer double monk model, double-to-single tapered oak bark soles, brass buckles, undyed welt top and white stitching. The shade is very difficult to capture with my poor-ass camera, but I'd describe it as a dark red with plenty of brown in it. Ruddy in sunshine, browner indoors - the top-down picture shows it best.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great shade. I'm considering a shoe or boot with plum museum and this burgundy suede. Thanks for some photos.
I'm thinking about a v cap toe Adelaide or balmoral two tone shoe with the museum upper and suede for the Adelaide or above the balmoral line. I may even consider a v cap toe balmoral boot with the burgundy suede shaft.post #18836 of 202523/7/16 at 6:03pmpost #18837 of 202523/7/16 at 6:10pmpost #18838 of 202523/7/16 at 7:58pmpost #18839 of 202523/7/16 at 10:52pmQuote:
Tärnsjö is actually the name of the small town (village?) in Sweden where the Tärnsjö Tannery is located.
http://tarnsjogarveri.com/post #18840 of 202523/8/16 at 1:31am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 38 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 52 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway