Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues RARE SIZE 38.5 U last with lasted trees and toe taps! very... Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/14/17 at 3:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 9:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1237post #18541 of 207132/9/16 at 4:48ampost #18542 of 207132/9/16 at 5:07ampost #18543 of 207132/9/16 at 5:48amQuote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
About to visit the shop this week. Any thoughts on versatility of these shades?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Oxblood calf
Oxblood shell (similar to color 8 I believe)
Bordeaux shell or calf
Antique cognac shell
Thinking of using them for pretty much grey and navy dominant outfits.
Am enamored with this Oxblood calf boot:
Exactly as is; almost perfect!
That one was mine. Great boot, but the fit was a little off, so another lucky member has them now. The leather on the shaft may look a little wrinkled, but it was actually very soft (& better than the leather some of my EGs use). I know others have had different experiences. I wonder if you could offer to pay extra for the same high quality leather used all over.post #18544 of 207132/9/16 at 8:45ampost #18545 of 207132/9/16 at 8:49amQuote:
The 3-piece trees are cool but somewhat fiddly to deal with in a frequently worn pair. Nothing wrong with getting a pair just because they are cool and different from the norm, but there isn't any real benefit that I perceive beyond that.post #18546 of 207132/9/16 at 8:52ampost #18547 of 207132/9/16 at 10:18ampost #18548 of 207132/9/16 at 12:53pmpost #18549 of 207132/9/16 at 1:28pmpost #18550 of 207132/9/16 at 3:12pmpost #18551 of 207132/9/16 at 3:59pmpost #18552 of 207132/10/16 at 5:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Concordia
I take a standard P2 and an F that is one width above normal. It's not a great solution. I fit into the wide Fs, for the most part, but oxfords are very snug, requiring shoehorns more than most shoes. Also, they don't look nearly as nice as the standard-width F shoes, which are very elegant. The lake is more triangular and flat-- sort of a pie-server effect. I can't say that every P2 I've worn is perfect, but that last has been more successful on balance.
Interesting... Good to know. I can definitely see the "pie server" effect even on my G fitting F-lasts... Interested to see how the H will look.post #18553 of 207132/10/16 at 7:51amA big thank you to all! Still awaiting Reszo's reply - I'd like to get a second opinion on it.
Seems like its a 50-50 on 41.5 or 42. At least we've narrowed it to half sizes!
For what it's worth, I've tried on a U last size 42.
Instep was a tad high? - I could fit a finger under the tongue pad
Is this normal/acceptable?
Joint below the pinky toe was pinching (same problem as simpson)
If I recall correctly, I tried on the F last size 42 about 2 years back.
I could fit a finger at the heel (length slightly long)Quote:Originally Posted by sliq
papercut I'm the same shoe size as you. I have F last in 41.5. it is snug, and it is still breaking in after 1.5 years of wear. 42 would be roomier, better to wear with thicker socks in winter. I'm otherwise happy with sizing down by 0.5 as over time the leather will very gradually stretch.Quote:Quote:post #18554 of 207132/10/16 at 8:09amQuote:
I had a pair once. They were very wide, so much so that I couldn't fit them into any pair I owned and had to sell them onwards.
Pic for proof:post #18555 of 207132/10/16 at 8:50amJust wanted to advertise the GMTO I'm currently running. It's an Ascot Shoes Budapest model for Vass exclusively for Ascot Shoes. You can find more pictures and details at the following link http://www.styleforum.net/t/517989/gmto-for-ascot-shoes-budapest-model-by-vass
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 58 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › BNIB Grenson "Scottie" Tassel Loafers in Chocolate size 7 UK 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway