or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1234

post #18496 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

Thanks.  I've been thinking for a while now that while this thread is about Vass shoes, and I am more than into posting and viewing pics of just the shoes, it would add a bit more dimension to include some photos of full fit pics incoporating said shoes.  After all, we don't just throw on our awesome Vass shoes and wear them around the house all day in our bathrobes.  (And if any do... please don't share... :embar: )

 

Since I have a full fit pic of this pairing for the Friday challenge and cross-posting the bloody hell out of it anyway, I'll add it in here as well.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime 

 

Looking sharp my friend!

post #18497 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

I hope my right shoe stretches a bit in the width.


These are chukkas and have no seams on the ball(s) of your feet, so they will stretch more than other models. Just wear them at home first if the squeeze is tight. If they don't feel comfortable after, say, 20 wears, you can take them to a trustworthy cobbler. He will stretch them for you and all will be well in life.
post #18498 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post

Has anyone noticed a different fit on the same last and size on a different shoes?

I certainly have an issue with this. I have numerous pairs of U lasted shoes and chukkas. So I'm very sure I have my sizing nailed, but for a recent pair of balmoral oxford boots, the sizing is COMPLETELY off. Extremely narrow all around causing excruciating pain. I refuse to believe this is just the "charm of hand made" and some inconsistencies due to hand lasting. It was probably some fuck up and the boot was lasted on maybe an E width last.
The boots are completely unwearable now. I might chuck them in the bin eventually.
post #18499 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

I certainly have an issue with this. I have numerous pairs of U lasted shoes and chukkas. So I'm very sure I have my sizing nailed, but for a recent pair of balmoral oxford boots, the sizing is COMPLETELY off. Extremely narrow all around causing excruciating pain. I refuse to believe this is just the "charm of hand made" and some inconsistencies due to hand lasting. It was probably some fuck up and the boot was lasted on maybe an E width last.
The boots are completely unwearable now. I might chuck them in the bin eventually.
Why not just sell them?
post #18500 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Why not just sell them?

Because I wouldn't be able to assure any potential buyer of the width. All I know is, it's narrower than F.
Everything else, the buyer risks. I couldn't do that in good faith.
post #18501 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

Because I wouldn't be able to assure any potential buyer of the width. All I know is, it's narrower than F.
Everything else, the buyer risks. I couldn't do that in good faith.
Size?
post #18502 of 20218

It's a U last 42.5

Looks like this. 

Dark brown museum calf with red-brown suede. Metal toe taps and V captoe seam.

I first wore this pair on a trip to Japan. Whilst on the taxi to the airport, I knew something was very wrong. But was stuck with this pair for the next 8 days.  

 

 

post #18503 of 20218
Oh man, those are great! My size too!! Where are they tight?
post #18504 of 20218
Those V cap boots are seriously sweet.
post #18505 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Oh man, those are great! My size too!! Where are they tight?

 

There is a medieval-torture-esque-wicked-toebox-squeeze going on. 

post #18506 of 20218
Boo, what I was afraid of!
post #18507 of 20218

Shame, damn beautiful boots. 

post #18508 of 20218
Hey guys, what should I get in the F last if I were to wear the following:

Carmina
UK8 Inca - Best fit
UK8 Rain - good fit all around
UK8.5 Simpson - Tight in width, protrusion of the shoe just below the toe-cap, on the second joint of the pinky toe.

Thanks!
post #18509 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by papercut View Post

Hey guys, what should I get in the F last if I were to wear the following:

Carmina
UK8 Inca - Best fit
UK8 Rain - good fit all around
UK8.5 Simpson - Tight in width, protrusion of the shoe just below the toe-cap, on the second joint of the pinky toe.

Thanks!

You're half size larger than me. Based on the info you've provided, I'd say 41,5 or 42. I take 41 on the F and SP lasts and 41,5 on the U last. Some people stick to the same size all over, some don't.
post #18510 of 20218
Quote:
Originally Posted by papercut View Post

Hey guys, what should I get in the F last if I were to wear the following:

Carmina
UK8 Inca - Best fit
UK8 Rain - good fit all around
UK8.5 Simpson - Tight in width, protrusion of the shoe just below the toe-cap, on the second joint of the pinky toe.

Thanks!
I'd say 42
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)