Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- On Hold! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues RARE SIZE 38.5 U last with lasted trees and toe... Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 2/25/17 at 11:13am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 2/22/17 at 2:31pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1219post #18271 of 207461/17/16 at 3:22pmpost #18272 of 207461/17/16 at 3:28pmpost #18273 of 207461/17/16 at 3:29pmpost #18274 of 207461/17/16 at 3:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
So, I'm currently in the grips of such madness that I am contemplating (quite seriously) ordering a double monkstrap boot in oxblood or dark brown grain. I'm soliciting opinions pro and con!
Here's my list so far.
1) it may be a pain to put on and take off. My double monk shoes are kinda.
2) it's a ridiculously dandy stifle that I probably won't pull off too well.
1) I really really want it.
Here's a photo that Mr. Kuti sent me (will NOT be requesting this particular colorway)
these are outstanding! i personally could not, would not wear them but I could appreciate them on someone with grey flannel trousers. yes sirpost #18275 of 207461/17/16 at 3:43pmpost #18276 of 207461/17/16 at 4:12pmQuote:
Damnit. Those black JL Jodhpurs. I forgot about those. Maybe I should get that instead. Though equally dandy...
Fuck.post #18277 of 207461/18/16 at 1:09am
DM booties are really great (JL WII especially). Yes they are kind of dandy so please, in order to balance the style, do not mix leathers and colours. This boot in black or oxblood calf is just outstanding. Keep the makeup low profile, simple IMO. Hope you get them!!
PS.-Think about rounded bucklets wich I prefer.post #18278 of 207461/18/16 at 6:14amQuote:
Maybe ask for their single buckle designs as well? Something with a higher strap across the ankle (like the G&G) might be more comfortable and usable in more situations.post #18279 of 207461/18/16 at 6:41ampost #18280 of 207461/18/16 at 6:46ampost #18281 of 207461/18/16 at 7:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Shouldaville
Maybe ask for their single buckle designs as well? Something with a higher strap across the ankle (like the G&G) might be more comfortable and usable in more situations.
I still think I'd choose a chukka, jodhpur or Chelsea first. But DAMN!post #18282 of 207461/18/16 at 7:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Shouldaville
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Maybe ask for their single buckle designs as well? Something with a higher strap across the ankle (like the G&G) might be more comfortable and usable in more situations.Quote:
I know much of this comes down to personal preference and often cannot easily be articulated but I am curious why you guys find the Double Monk version to be unappealing but the single monk is something you would really want? Ignoring (as much as you can) the aesthetic differences between G&G and Vass.post #18283 of 207461/18/16 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by NYDRH
I know much of this comes down to personal preference and often cannot easily be articulated but I am curious why you guys find the Double Monk version to be unappealing but the single monk is something you would really want? Ignoring (as much as you can) the aesthetic differences between G&G and Vass.
For me it's the aesthetic of the last. It's just gorgeous.
To be clear, I Am also a fan of Vass lasts.
I think most of the revulsion to the photo I posted had to do with the colors and mix of suede and calf. I did clearly say that I was considering 100% grain leather, either dark brown or oxblood, but words are easily missed when a picture is posted.post #18284 of 207461/18/16 at 8:05ampost #18285 of 207461/18/16 at 8:39am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Don's Footwear 4 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Bless No 31 Hooded Jacket Size XL (fits M-L) 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › New Job / Blazer Slack Combinations 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...