Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on Today at 4:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 12/2/16 at 6:52pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1211post #18151 of 202531/2/16 at 12:36pmpost #18152 of 202531/2/16 at 6:49pmpost #18153 of 202531/2/16 at 8:55pmpost #18154 of 202531/3/16 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by DWFII
For what it's worth, greater width doesn't automatically necessitate extra height, esp. not when we focus on the foot itself. Unfortunately standard lasts seldom reflect real life feet...a statistical average of common foot types, perhaps. This is why...all other things being equal...obsessing about last shapes (esp. in RTW footwear) for any reason other than aesthetics is wildly misinformed and misguided. It's magical thinking and not much else.
As a maker, whose primary concern is the foot...with all its idiosyncrasies...but nevertheless ever mindful of the shoe and how it affects the foot (and vice versa) I have to express some reservation regarding a...shall we say...somewhat more ready tolerance vis-a-vis fit for any foot configuration.
It's true that a meaty, high volume foot has more cushioning and so may not experience immediate discomfort. But cushioning is not fit and the worst part of it is that any cushioning...internal or external...tends, more often than not, to camouflage a misfit. Sometimes egregious misfits. And if not fit properly, the meaty, high volume foot will create and experience problems just as surely as a boney foot, if only in the long run. It will almost always walk over the welt, for one obvious example.
Fit is fit, cushioning doesn't confer any immunity to foot problems that can develop from misfit footwear.
I agree in that the meaty foot will be able to tolerate more for the short term and may start to develop problems in the long term but it also depends on how much that shoe is worn too.
Of course it is best for one to have a personal last to accommodate all of the options and idiosyncrasies of a foot, but since most can't do that they have to make due in the best way they can.post #18155 of 202531/4/16 at 3:46pmpost #18156 of 202531/4/16 at 3:48pmpost #18157 of 202531/4/16 at 3:54pmpost #18158 of 202531/4/16 at 4:00pmpost #18159 of 202531/4/16 at 4:01pmpost #18160 of 202531/4/16 at 4:09pmQuote:
I hope so. Glad you told me that.
At first, everybody was like; "No more cordovan oxford boots..."
Then, they was like; "No more whiskey and the like..."
Now, their like; "No more cordovan at all..."
I'm about to roll the dice with some burgundy and hope for the best.post #18161 of 202531/4/16 at 4:16pmpost #18162 of 202531/4/16 at 4:17pmpost #18163 of 202531/4/16 at 4:53pmQuote:
@NAMOR - sir these are fantastic boots and love them. They are super comfortable too and fit very good. I posted this pic above 2 weeks ago.
I am rotating them with my C&J Whiskey Harlechs and other C&J Shell boots. Need to add another pair of Vass shell soon!post #18164 of 202531/4/16 at 5:17pmpost #18165 of 202531/4/16 at 5:18pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 51 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway