Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 1/20/17 at 3:00am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 1/19/17 at 3:58am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1185post #17762 of 2056012/7/15 at 7:27am
Does anyone have any comparison photos between the F last and Alden's Barrie last handy? I sold my last pair of Aldens some time ago so I can't get any comparison shots. Thanks.
If anyone wants to get in on the mid-brown F last chukka that stewartu just posted, this is our thread. I believe we have the 4 orders to make a go, but the more the merrier.post #17763 of 2056012/9/15 at 4:57ampost #17764 of 2056012/9/15 at 5:11amQuote:
Just a guess but it could be a question of fit rather than the nature of suede. Shoes that are too long will often display heavy creasing in this area. And given that the lacing is fully closed and the shoes don't look tight,these might be a bit big for you.post #17765 of 2056012/9/15 at 5:36ampost #17766 of 2056012/9/15 at 5:45amQuote:
Been wondering the same exact thing myself. I've seen EG's Shannon in full coffee suede and it's quite glorious. Would love to do a similar make-up in a Vass U Last.post #17767 of 2056012/9/15 at 5:47ampost #17768 of 2056012/9/15 at 5:50am
In case any of you good people have a slightly thinner (less wide) foot than mine do not hesitate to PM me for a bargain on these Vass Medallion Toe Oxfords (black calf and navy scotch-grain on the K-last) in a 43.5 EU (approx. 10.5D US). I really love these shoes but they are simply to tight for me.
(see my signature)!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #17769 of 2056012/9/15 at 5:52ampost #17770 of 2056012/9/15 at 6:39ampost #17771 of 2056012/9/15 at 6:41amQuote:
the leather *suede* has a thin nap and it has rubbed down to the base.
no way to avoid except buying thicker nap suede.post #17772 of 2056012/9/15 at 12:13pmJust got these today. Sadly they don't fit & will be heading back. I thought I might pass them on to my brother but he's a not a shoe guy & says he would't wear them. Pity as I got them at half price...oh well...not the first or last time for such..
.if anyone's interested PM me & I'll pass them on at cost as a favor to our community (shoe hobbiests only, no resellers for profit)..I need to return them within 10 days so my offer is good for perhaps 5..and I obviously can't take liabilty..i.e. for fit, etc...Marked europe size 45, K last....Seller compared them to 12Ds...but no way...11.5 as a guess.
Edited by justonemore - 12/9/15 at 3:30pmpost #17773 of 2056012/9/15 at 12:16pmpost #17774 of 2056012/9/15 at 12:22pm
Yeah..as am I........C'est la vie...But thanks for the sympathy Roger...lol...
I have to say that it ticks me off a bit that my brother won't take them.....but as they say....you can lead a horse to water.....and...there's no use....
Edited by justonemore - 12/9/15 at 3:32pmpost #17775 of 2056012/9/15 at 2:17pmGents, how good is selection of shoes at the Vass store in Budapest? A friend is going there for holidays and will be able to bring a few pairs but I don't know if it's worth asking him. Is there price advantage over ordering direct with them and have them ship the shoes to US? Is Holiday time even good time to shop at the store? Maybe it makes sense to place an order and pick it up in person? What is current pricing at the store? Details would be appreciated
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 12 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...