or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1181

post #17701 of 20233
@bdavro23 @peppercorn78

The fit feedback I got was that yes, similar to U, but very comfortable. Still new shoe, first time out of the house today. Made to his own measurements so fit is as right as it gets.

Close up for the colour as the shoes artived to Finland. Very plummy smile.gif

post #17702 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Burgundy or oxblood? Very nice! Another pic that may start an avalanche of MTOs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

Beautiful! F last?

Thanks gents. Bordeaux shell upper,Bordeaux calf shaft. F last. From @jokb
post #17703 of 20233

Damn Roger, on point again with those boots! I'm inclined to think that the F-last is one of the more attractive ones for boots.

post #17704 of 20233

could someone please post picures of Vass chukka in cordovan col 8 in F last?

 

or is it mission impossible? :D

 

thanks

post #17705 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by mct358 View Post

@bdavro23 @peppercorn78

The fit feedback I got was that yes, similar to U, but very comfortable. Still new shoe, first time out of the house today. Made to his own measurements so fit is as right as it gets.

Close up for the colour as the shoes artived to Finland. Very plummy smile.gif

 

@mct358: Would you consider it as pointy as the u last or with a more chisel shape? How about the space of the toe box, more forgiving?

post #17706 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUtroll View Post

@mct358: Would you consider it as pointy as the u last or with a more chisel shape? How about the space of the toe box, more forgiving?

Well, to be honest when I saw the SP last for the first time I called it the 'nose of the condor' due to its funny bubbly pointy nose. The plain S last was more appaling to me at the shop. But my friend insisted on the SP and now, having seen the shoes live outside of the shop environment I must admit they are perfect shape. Bot as pointy as U or K, yet much more refined than F last. The owner does say that the fit is more confy than U or K, but still its a snug leather shoe which needs to be broken in. So yes, more forgiving that U. The bubbly on the tip might make it even more forgiving than F last to some extent.
post #17707 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by mct358 View Post

Well, to be honest when I saw the SP last for the first time I called it the 'nose of the condor' due to its funny bubbly pointy nose. The plain S last was more appaling to me at the shop. But my friend insisted on the SP and now, having seen the shoes live outside of the shop environment I must admit they are perfect shape. Bot as pointy as U or K, yet much more refined than F last. The owner does say that the fit is more confy than U or K, but still its a snug leather shoe which needs to be broken in. So yes, more forgiving that U. The bubbly on the tip might make it even more forgiving than F last to some extent.

Thanks! I believe my current order needs an addition smile.gif
post #17708 of 20233

Early next year, I will be ordering the suede chukka boot on the SP last. Split toe is on the way and the Budapester is next though.

post #17709 of 20233
P2 boot in the making, but struggling to decide on the next one. Black cap-toes, currently missing in my wardrobe, or black wingtips on the SP last. So tough choices shog[1].gif
post #17710 of 20233

In my experience, the SP is more forgivning than U and K in the toe box area. I even sized down from 41,5 to 41 from U to SP (for reference, I take size 41 in F last). I would say that the SP last is a very sharp looking last when combined with a cap toe, with/without medallion.

post #17711 of 20233

I believe Ascot is having up to 50% off their ebay store for certain stocks of Vass shoes. You gents may want to take a quick gander.

 

DISCLAIMER: Am not liable if your wallet becomes significantly lighter afterwards

post #17712 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunberg View Post

Rezso has sent me F and U lasts girth measurement today.... F last 9 size is - 25,7-26 cm. It's my feet strict :-))))) Moreover, the more I look at F lasted oxfords the more I like them....Strange.... So I have almost decided to take them in F last. Now I am becoming to consider F last not only very elegant but also... contemporary....or how to put it.... not so classic as I thought at first...

Do I understand correct that changing color/leather of model will be MTO with price increase? 

And regards shoe trees... Are 3 peace shoe trees superior to simple ones in some way? Do they stretch the shoe better? Or do they beneficial only for boots?
Hi, how can I get to Rezso and ask about the measurement in my sizes? Thanks in advance.
post #17713 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

In my experience, the SP is more forgivning than U and K in the toe box area. I even sized down from 41,5 to 41 from U to SP (for reference, I take size 41 in F last). I would say that the SP last is a very sharp looking last when combined with a cap toe, with/without medallion.
Good to know this as me & you are different size but same concept I am 42.5 on K & U last & I can take 42 on F last. I have 42.5 on boot F last feel little roomie so very sure I can do 42 on F last shoes & from your info 42 on SP last. Thank you for sharing this icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #17714 of 20233
Heading to Budapest to see Vass this weekend and take in some sights. Excited to pick up a pie of Valways and order a double monk and a black captoe. Should be a good weekend full of food and shoes!
post #17715 of 20233
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

Heading to Budapest to see Vass this weekend and take in some sights. Excited to pick up a pie of Valways and order a double monk and a black captoe. Should be a good weekend full of food and shoes!

some recommendations for future visitors to budapest.

hotels:
Kempinski (european luxury brand)
Lanchid 19 (on the quieter buda side; great view; next to nice restaurants)
4 Seasons ... may have seen this one in movies, recently Spy
Continental Hotel
Boscolo (AC by Marriott)


restaurants:
Mak Bistro
Comme Chez Soi
Pampas Argentine Steakhouse
Cafe Deryne
Hemingway
... many more. dont skip the goose liver

nightlife: walk the Jewish quarter / Kazinczy. check out Szimpla Kert for the younger crowd...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)