or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1175

post #17611 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezinho View Post

Hello Guys,

after owning several models of Vass, I am considering a chukka in F last.

what would be the leather options that you would have thought for this one as possible MTO's?

- Brown or mid brown suede - this would be the most traditional ones  ( & the ones I am more leaning to)
- others that would look extraordinary as well?! :

thank you for your valuable inputs,
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

No Man stocks an F last brown suede chukka.
post #17612 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I don't mean to be contrarian but... speed hooks can break finer laces, especially if the boot is not laced tightly and there is some friction happening when walking.   I can't imagine blaming a shoemaker for the fact that speed hooks can brake a lace.   There is a solution that is much more cost effective that sending boots to Budapest for "fixing" : get a few more laces.  It doesn't cost much?  Vass even includes a second set in the box.

Greg, I think you missed yesterday's discussion on this thread ...
post #17613 of 20276

Does anyone have any experience with Vass briefcases? Thoughts?

post #17614 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post



 

 

Speaking of Vass charm, that stitching ...

 

I think there were some posts about their briefcases in the last year or two. If you search the thread you should find them.

post #17615 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post


Greg, I think you missed yesterday's discussion on this thread ...

 

oops sorry.  Was that satire?

post #17616 of 20276

^ I was just about to post something about that stitching/ charm... I actually dont mind that, strangely enough :)

post #17617 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

oops sorry.  Was that satire?
I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious smile.gif
post #17618 of 20276

 

Do not worry Horns, my green Vass with a crooked stiching in the apron is charming too.

 

Monday is a bad day for everyone, lol.

 

Great pairs there man!!

post #17619 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

I don't mean to be contrarian but... speed hooks can break finer laces, especially if the boot is not laced tightly and there is some friction happening when walking.   I can't imagine blaming a shoemaker for the fact that speed hooks can brake a lace.   There is a solution that is much more cost effective that sending boots to Budapest for "fixing" : get a few more laces.  It doesn't cost much?  Vass even includes a second set in the box.
It wasn't actually satire. Perhaps I didn't punctuate correctly; I meant the speed hook broke, not the lace. Also the vibram sole is separating after a couple of wears. As I said I was perfectly happy to have them fixed locally at my expense and only raised it to Karl as a heads up but he requested I return them for repair. Still haven't done it and still might not.
post #17620 of 20276

oh I see.  Definitely something that needs fixing.  I misunderstood your post

post #17621 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

It wasn't actually satire. Perhaps I didn't punctuate correctly; I meant the speed hook broke, not the lace. Also the vibram sole is separating after a couple of wears. As I said I was perfectly happy to have them fixed locally at my expense and only raised it to Karl as a heads up but he requested I return them for repair. Still haven't done it and still might not.

Oops, I thought you meant the lace too and figured you were just stirring the pot a bit after yesterday.
post #17622 of 20276
Fed G. Unn thank you for posting those pics helped out a lots icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #17623 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Fed G. Unn thank you for posting those pics helped out a lots icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
cheers.gif
post #17624 of 20276
Yeah, that stitching doesn't bother me at all. These aren't shoes to be precious with.
post #17625 of 20276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post


L to R: Vass red brown, Carmina polo, Vass med brown



Getting the white balance in the photo just right seems really tricky with these suedes. If you have one of those colors to compare to, maybe this will help.

 

Those chukkas really are gorgeous. I may have to invest in a second pair.

 

I was a bit apprehensive about diving in at first investing over £450 on a pair of shoes from Vass/Ascot felt extremely risky for me.

 

 

 

In the end, as you can see i was not disappointed, a well made pair of Old English Oxford made on the F last in Gold Museum calf.  The guys at Ascot were very patient in helping with my sizing and fitting.  They asked a few simple questions, about my current collection ( Loakes, Barkers – sorry, not as high-end as some of the shoe extremists here) and sizing, and a couple

of emails back and forth they nailed my sizing down to EU 41.5 (after asking me to go and get measured up in my local Church's).  Eight weeks later, bingo!  The fit was perfect, the only time I can recall I've bought a new shoe and they felt comfortable from the first wear.

I was slightly was worried about their returns policy buying as being based in Hungary I thought it might be problematic, however I was told that their MTO success rate is about 97% -  that is three pairs for every 100 and of them nearly all are to do with size issues which convinced me to take the plunge.

 

Anyway sorry to sound like a shill, I am just new to SF!   

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)