or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1161

post #17401 of 20286
Curious why you guys don't opt for the Dainite sole to be sewn on instead of glued. I believe it's either €35 or €50.

That Valway is pure seks!
post #17402 of 20286
Bad pic inc. can't get much better on my phone! Oxblood calf. Had them a while now with a decent amount of wear in my rotation.

post #17403 of 20286
That style would also look dope in Bordeaux shell and loden suede on the center panel.

Well done, man. Love it.
post #17404 of 20286

Cheers everyone for the comments. I was surprised how nice they came out. Completly surpassed all my expectations. Vass has an incredible ability to make such a sturdy looking boot that is also very sleek and well shaped. Can't wait to see them in person! Will post more photo's when I get them.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

They did a really good job with the contrast stitching it isnt as in your face as white - what specifically did you ask for?

 

 

To get the nice contrasting welt I requested: Brown dye to sole & welt edge, leaving the top of welt natural. I am a big fan of this look. It gives the boots a nice casual, more relaxed feel.

post #17405 of 20286
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarlo View Post
 

 

 

To get the nice contrasting welt I requested: Brown dye to sole & welt edge, leaving the top of welt natural. I am a big fan of this look. It gives the boots a nice casual, more relaxed feel.

Cool thanks - they look great, enjoy them

post #17406 of 20286

@JSO1

 

How would you describe the color of your recent Vass "Antique" Cordovan shoes?

 

Alden Cigar, Carmina Cognac, Ravello???

 

Please Advise.

 

Thanks.

post #17407 of 20286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

@JSO1

 

How would you describe the color of your recent Vass "Antique" Cordovan shoes?

 

Alden Cigar, Carmina Cognac, Ravello???

 

Please Advise.

 

Thanks.

 

Sorry for the delayed reply - I would have to say that they are closest in color to Dark Cognac (what AE and C&J call "Brown"), but with more reddish undertones. I'd liken it to a darker Mahogany or dark Ravello. It does not have the olive hues or deep brown tones of a Cigar or Dark Cognac (neither of which have much if any red tones in them). 

 

In some photos (of other people's antic cognac cordovan) they look much redder, more like Mahogany shell, but at least out of the box, mine are a bit darker. We'll see how they age. Have you tried emailing Vass to find out what the Antic Cognac Cordovan is? Perhaps Vass dyes it themselves, etc.

post #17408 of 20286
Quote:
Originally Posted by anzo View Post


Those are very nice indeed Andrei, you have a lot of rarely seen variants. That stitching on the heel is exquisite! And I have never seen a painted waist on a pair of Vass'; is that made by Ascot also (as is the burnishing)?


@anzo Sorry for the late reply I missed your post ! The burnishing is done in-house by Vass and the extra stitches on the back heel are to prevent wear and tear around the upper heel!

post #17409 of 20286
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrel42 View Post

@anzo
Sorry for the late reply I missed your post ! The burnishing is done in-house by Vass and the extra stitches on the back heel are to prevent wear and tear around the upper heel!

Wow, that is the first time I have seen calf burnishing on a pair of Vass. Did you give them a photo of something to emulate?
post #17410 of 20286

@peppercorn78 Actually I did nothing, I believe this was an MTO that a customer did not want in the end so I simply fell in love after seeing a picture :embar:

post #17411 of 20286
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Wow, that is the first time I have seen calf burnishing on a pair of Vass. Did you give them a photo of something to emulate?
Iirc, they started offering burnishing about 6-9 months ago
post #17412 of 20286
I had the chance to see the antiquing/burnishing work of Vass live at the trunk show in Stockholm. It was really outstanding and gave me ideas for new make ups. I've never been a fan of tan (Vass calls it something else), but with the addition of Vass' burnishing it looked really beautiful. Same goes for some of the shoes in antique cognac that were antiqued.
post #17413 of 20286

No picks of those antiqued/burnished tan shoes?.  I need to do something with mine.

post #17414 of 20286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post

No picks of those antiqued/burnished tan shoes?.  I need to do something with mine.
No, sorry. Email Vass and ask them for pictures. I'm sure they can help.

Edit: it was model# 5262 in cognac http://www.vass-shoes.com/en/new-collection
post #17415 of 20286
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

I would have to say that they are closest in color to Dark Cognac (what AE and C&J call "Brown"), but with more reddish undertones. I'd liken it to a darker Mahogany or dark Ravello. It does not have the olive hues or deep brown tones of a Cigar or Dark Cognac (neither of which have much if any red tones in them). 
Good to know. So would you say the Vass antic cognac cordovan is substantially different enough from a C&J Marlow to justify the expense to my wife? lol8[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)