That Valway is pure seks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. Last post on 3/24/17 at 3:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 4:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1161post #17401 of 2089410/30/15 at 10:54ampost #17402 of 2089410/30/15 at 11:13ampost #17403 of 2089410/30/15 at 11:14ampost #17404 of 2089410/30/15 at 3:44pm
Cheers everyone for the comments. I was surprised how nice they came out. Completly surpassed all my expectations. Vass has an incredible ability to make such a sturdy looking boot that is also very sleek and well shaped. Can't wait to see them in person! Will post more photo's when I get them.
To get the nice contrasting welt I requested: Brown dye to sole & welt edge, leaving the top of welt natural. I am a big fan of this look. It gives the boots a nice casual, more relaxed feel.post #17405 of 2089410/30/15 at 6:50pmpost #17406 of 2089410/30/15 at 8:07pmpost #17407 of 2089411/2/15 at 4:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Watchman1
How would you describe the color of your recent Vass "Antique" Cordovan shoes?
Alden Cigar, Carmina Cognac, Ravello???
Sorry for the delayed reply - I would have to say that they are closest in color to Dark Cognac (what AE and C&J call "Brown"), but with more reddish undertones. I'd liken it to a darker Mahogany or dark Ravello. It does not have the olive hues or deep brown tones of a Cigar or Dark Cognac (neither of which have much if any red tones in them).
In some photos (of other people's antic cognac cordovan) they look much redder, more like Mahogany shell, but at least out of the box, mine are a bit darker. We'll see how they age. Have you tried emailing Vass to find out what the Antic Cognac Cordovan is? Perhaps Vass dyes it themselves, etc.post #17408 of 2089411/2/15 at 11:50pmQuote:
@anzo Sorry for the late reply I missed your post ! The burnishing is done in-house by Vass and the extra stitches on the back heel are to prevent wear and tear around the upper heel!post #17409 of 2089411/3/15 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by andrel42
Sorry for the late reply I missed your post ! The burnishing is done in-house by Vass and the extra stitches on the back heel are to prevent wear and tear around the upper heel!
Wow, that is the first time I have seen calf burnishing on a pair of Vass. Did you give them a photo of something to emulate?post #17410 of 2089411/3/15 at 6:41ampost #17411 of 2089411/3/15 at 6:51ampost #17412 of 2089411/3/15 at 6:58amI had the chance to see the antiquing/burnishing work of Vass live at the trunk show in Stockholm. It was really outstanding and gave me ideas for new make ups. I've never been a fan of tan (Vass calls it something else), but with the addition of Vass' burnishing it looked really beautiful. Same goes for some of the shoes in antique cognac that were antiqued.post #17413 of 2089411/3/15 at 7:28ampost #17414 of 2089411/3/15 at 8:09ampost #17415 of 2089411/3/15 at 5:45pmQuote:Good to know. So would you say the Vass antic cognac cordovan is substantially different enough from a C&J Marlow to justify the expense to my wife?Originally Posted by JSO1
I would have to say that they are closest in color to Dark Cognac (what AE and C&J call "Brown"), but with more reddish undertones. I'd liken it to a darker Mahogany or dark Ravello. It does not have the olive hues or deep brown tones of a Cigar or Dark Cognac (neither of which have much if any red tones in them).
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › New Alden Shell #8 Longwing, 11.5 EE, model 975, King LWB 38 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 42 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 50 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 8 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...