Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1154

post #17296 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Very very nice congrats I all ways thought about getting red cognac on K or U last. How is the color in real life? Can you use it a lot or would you say it's some thing you should have to fill in the gap. Some other pictures I have seen it looks very very bright red all most like mahagony.

 

I have a pair in Red Cognac and I do love them - but I don't find it to be a particularly versatile shade.  Certainly less so than Bordeaux or Oxblood (which I also have).  Red cognac is hard to peg - kind off an odd mix of red, brown and orange that is quite unique.

 

Now, less versatile does not mean that it isn't wearable - it's just the type of shade I would recommend as an addition to a well established rotation as opposed to someone just building their rotation.  Once you are past a certain number of pairs, versatility in each additional pair is less relevant as you will have ample versatility within the totality of your rotation.  You are certainly past that point.

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime 

post #17297 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

I have a pair in Red Cognac and I do love them - but I don't find it to be a particularly versatile shade.  Certainly less so than Bordeaux or Oxblood (which I also have).  Red cognac is hard to peg - kind off an odd mix of red, brown and orange that is quite unique.

Now, less versatile does not mean that it isn't wearable - it's just the type of shade I would recommend as an addition to a well established rotation as opposed to someone just building their rotation.  Once you are past a certain number of pairs, versatility in each additional pair is less relevant as you will have ample versatility within the totality of your rotation.  You are certainly past that point.


orig.jpg 
Those are lovely sir & thank you for your input will have to add them for sure biggrin.gif
post #17298 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Those are lovely sir & thank you for your input will have to add them for sure biggrin.gif

These are perfect sir
post #17299 of 20731
My new Vass shoes :

post #17300 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezinho View Post

My new Vass shoes :

 

Looking sharp with Vass DM, Cezinho.:fonz: 
post #17301 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrel42 View Post

Sunday pics: For your viewing pleasure; Vass Theresian Derby in Red Cognac on the K Last






Those are very nice indeed Andrei, you have a lot of rarely seen variants. That stitching on the heel is exquisite! And I have never seen a painted waist on a pair of Vass'; is that made by Ascot also (as is the burnishing)?
post #17302 of 20731

Two new arrivals from Budapest late this past week. I ordered these in person in mid-August. Very pleased with the service and with the shoes!

 

Pair #1: U last, Antic Cognac Calf, Old English II with v-cap, painted beveled waist, single sole, rubber toe tap.

 

 

 

 

Pair #2: P2 last, Antic Cognac Cordovan, galosh oxford with medallion, double to single (HAF) sole, rubber toe tap.

 

 

 

 

post #17303 of 20731
Congrats, my man! Those are two fine-looking shoes! I love the painted beveled sole. Didn't realize they would still do that!

Would you consider the antic cognac cordovan closer in color to cigar or AE brown (dark cognac)?
post #17304 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Congrats, my man! Those are two fine-looking shoes! I love the painted beveled sole. Didn't realize they would still do that!


Thank you!

 

My impression while I was at Vass was that they will do pretty much anything that the customer wants. It's a great policy.

post #17305 of 20731
Congrats JS01 those are very nice.
post #17306 of 20731

@JSO1

nice oxfords! Does the P2 golosh oxford fit the same as the P2 derbies?

 

Also, does anyone have experience with ordering from ascot shoes in the US? I ordered a pair, and asked for Royal Mail shipping but they've shipped by DHL. Should I expect a giant bill for duties and fees from DHL? (never received anything through DHL, and heard horror stories of DHL's miscategorization from the cusotms thread, so I'm kinda worried)

post #17307 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post

@JSO1

nice oxfords! Does the P2 golosh oxford fit the same as the P2 derbies?

Also, does anyone have experience with ordering from ascot shoes in the US? I ordered a pair, and asked for Royal Mail shipping but they've shipped by DHL. Should I expect a giant bill for duties and fees from DHL? (never received anything through DHL, and heard horror stories of DHL's miscategorization from the cusotms thread, so I'm kinda worried)
I've gotten painful customs bills from DHL.
post #17308 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post
 

@JSO1

nice oxfords! Does the P2 golosh oxford fit the same as the P2 derbies?

 

 

Thank you! I don't have any P2 derbies to compare these to, unfortunately.

post #17309 of 20731

DHL recently charged me $80 on a $220 order (Sam Hober Ties), although I'm in Canada which is probably a different scenario than being in the U.S. Still, DHL does have a rep for high charges.

post #17310 of 20731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh View Post

DHL recently charged me $80 on a $220 order (Sam Hober Ties), although I'm in Canada which is probably a different scenario than being in the U.S. Still, DHL does have a rep for high charges.

+1 for the US as well. Recently, I noticed that they have made many errors in calculating customs charges for multiple shipments, all in the favor of the US government. I had all of these reversed, so it pays to review their calculations.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)