or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1140

post #17086 of 20242
Thanks gents...the overwhelming positive feedback puts my mind to ease.

RogerP...I'll PM you the email in a bit. Thanks for offering to confirm.
post #17087 of 20242

Can anyone compare the quality of Vass to Enzo Bonafe? Both are hand-welted yes but I'm curious if there's any measurable difference in leather quality and finishing. Thanks

post #17088 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

Can anyone compare the quality of Vass to Enzo Bonafe? Both are hand-welted yes but I'm curious if there's any measurable difference in leather quality and finishing. Thanks
They both are very good shoes & best bang for the buck so you can't go wrong with vass or EB. Very small difference which is more personal preference. Best thing I would recommend give it a try or if you are still traveling. Check it out in store & pick up what you like. But regardless what you do you should be happy camper for the quality & price you are paying biggrin.gif
post #17089 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


They both are very good shoes & best bang for the buck so you can't go wrong with vass or EB. Very small difference which is more personal preference. Best thing I would recommend give it a try or if you are still traveling. Check it out in store & pick up what you like. But regardless what you do you should be happy camper for the quality & price you are paying biggrin.gif


Thank you sir. My haul from Vass Shop should be here end of October :slayer:

post #17090 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

Can anyone compare the quality of Vass to Enzo Bonafe? Both are hand-welted yes but I'm curious if there's any measurable difference in leather quality and finishing. Thanks

I have both and I find the quality of both to be similarly outstanding, considering the relatively low price.

If anything, Enzo's seem a little on the lighter side, and the lasts all very elegant.

Vass feels more sturdy and heavy to me. But quality of materials and finishing is top notch.

I give Vass on edge in sizing. All of their lasts come in D, E, F, G, and H, whereas Enzo only offers the 946 last in all of those fittings.

But if you wear an average fitting, can't go wrong with either.
post #17091 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

Can anyone compare the quality of Vass to Enzo Bonafe? Both are hand-welted yes but I'm curious if there's any measurable difference in leather quality and finishing. Thanks

On par for quality IMO. And two of the better premium shoe values.
post #17092 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Greetings all.  New arrival from @jokb
 A bit of an unusual pair in that two different materials are used, but are superbly matched as to shade.  Bordeaux shell cordovan for the upper and Bordeaux calf for the shaft.  On the elegant F last.


orig.jpgorig.jpgorig.jpgorig.jpg 
Very fine indeed, and a nice solution to the composition problem. I only wish that the standard F last fit me as well as it does you.. Perhaps a boot from Cleverley or Foster will solve that problem. frown.gif
post #17093 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Very fine indeed, and a nice solution to the composition problem. I only wish that the standard F last fit me as well as it does you.. Perhaps a boot from Cleverley or Foster will solve that problem. frown.gif

What is the nature of your fit problem with F? If you find it a touch too narrow, consider P2.
post #17094 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

What is the nature of your fit problem with F? If you find it a touch too narrow, consider P2.
P2 fits reasonably well, most of the time. I have a few P2s but now that closet space has nearly vanished, I may have to devote the budget to fewer items that require less of a compromise. Among other things, P2 provides less support than the wide ("G") F-- which itself is much less graceful than its standard-width brother.
post #17095 of 20242

"F" last maiden voyage

post #17096 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

Can anyone compare the quality of Vass to Enzo Bonafe? Both are hand-welted yes but I'm curious if there's any measurable difference in leather quality and finishing. Thanks

I like well made shoes but after a certain point which for me is way below Vass etc it's really a case of whether you like the design.
post #17097 of 20242
First pair of my latest order of 4 have arrived.

Shell loafers. Finish is nice, apologies for bad pics. No toe caps as requested but not a huge deal.




post #17098 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosh View Post


I like well made shoes but after a certain point which for me is way below Vass etc it's really a case of whether you like the design.

 

 

So quality (i.e.  leather and  workmanship) plays no part? Only preference as to design? May I be so bold as to enquire as to what your "way below Vass" standard might be?


Edited by justonemore - 10/13/15 at 3:56am
post #17099 of 20242
@justonemore

Read what I wrote again
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosh View Post

I like well made shoes but after a certain point which for me is way below Vass etc it's really a case of whether you like the design.
post #17100 of 20242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinband View Post

First pair of my latest order of 4 have arrived.

Shell loafers. Finish is nice, apologies for bad pics. No toe caps as requested but not a huge deal.




May I assume you meant metal toe-taps(used for maintaining the tips of theshoe) versus "cap-toes/toe-caps" (design)? Did they charge you for the "toe-taps"? If it's their fault, I would suggest writing an email and asking them to pay for return shipping to do the job right...If you ordered and paid for a product...you should get what you ordered and paid for....not to mention that toe-taps are quite useful for maintaining the integrity of your shoes (at least here in Switzerland where I have to quite often face off with cobblestones)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)