or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1104

post #16546 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post
 

Thanks! If already able, do you mind posting comparo pics of your rain last shoes and P2 and F. Also would appreciate a PM for list of your AE, Carmina and Vass sizes.

 

I think we share roughly the same size, but I do have a very high instep so I am borderline next size in some lasts (especially those with low insteps) when compared to your sizing.


Can't take pictures - shoes haven't arrived yet. Did lots of sizing comparison stuff in person at Vass in Budapest when I was there recently.

 

Here are my sizing thoughts.

 

Sizing list:

 

AE 5 last - 8.5D

AE 1 last - 8.5D or 8E (both fit well, honestly)

AE 8 last - 8.5D or 8E (8E has less heel slip but is a bit wide in the midfoot)

AE 7 last - 8.5D

 

Carmina Rain - 7.5 UK (good fit everywhere but heel, which is a bit loose)

Carmina Inca - 7.5 UK (excellent fit, a tough tight across the vamp initially)

Carmina Simpson - 8 UK (excellent fit everywhere, but a little bit long)

 

Vass 3636 - 41 (good fit, a touch roomy but very comfortable)

Vass P2 - 41 (good fit, similar to 3636 in being a touch roomy overall but very comfortable)

Vass F - 41 (good fit, but too much room in the instep - balmoral laces/facings close fully)

Vass U - 41.5 (excellent fit)

 

Alden Barrie - 8C (shell bluchers) or 8D (suede bluchers, shell boots)

Alden Aberdeen - 8.5D (excellent fit)

Alden Plaza - 8.5D (excellent fit, but a little bit long)

Alden 379X - 8D (excellent fit - snug through waist and comfortable in toes)

post #16547 of 20271
I think Ilcea do two different shades tho.I believe one is called new gold no.7
post #16548 of 20271
@watchidiot

Here are some last comparisons:

L-R
AE 1 last (10.5 EEE), Bonafe 946 (10 H), AE 5 last (10.5 3E), Vass P2 (44 H).



And another shot of AE 5, Bonafe 946, Vass P2



I feel like P2 is similar to the AE 1 last, except that it hugs the sides of the foot more and cups the heel better.

Are you ordering through Mr. Kuti? I would follow his advice.
Edited by peppercorn78 - 8/29/15 at 11:54am
post #16549 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Jokb yes sir I would like to see real life pic of gold museume calf


A little late but here's some pics.

 

post #16550 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokb View Post


A little late but here's some pics.





Love the color but boy, I have some gold museum from Lobb and they are completely different. Much lighter.
post #16551 of 20271
jokb thank you for posting pic sir but dose vass still make that color or is it lighter museum calf. Oh the vass main webpage that color is not an option did they stop making it? All I see is lighter gold museum calf.
post #16552 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

jokb thank you for posting pic sir but dose vass still make that color or is it lighter museum calf. Oh the vass main webpage that color is not an option did they stop making it? All I see is lighter gold museum calf.
As far as I know, this is the only gold museum they have. Site shoes are probably not updated. Are you ordering directly or going to Budapest?
post #16553 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokb View Post

As far as I know, this is the only gold museum they have. Site shoes are probably not updated. Are you ordering directly or going to Budapest?
I was looking at the color on there site for future order or Mto etc do you have that item in stock by any chance?
post #16554 of 20271

after some back and forth for a few months, I decided to jump this Italian oxford

 

               

post #16555 of 20271
SoGent very nice choice bud
post #16556 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

after some back and forth for a few months, I decided to jump this Italian oxford

               

What do you plan to wear it with- does the scotchgrain drop the formality down a notch?
post #16557 of 20271
Excellent choice indeed! Please post more pictures when you have them!
post #16558 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonC View Post


What do you plan to wear it with- does the scotchgrain drop the formality down a notch?

 

   beige twill flannel - cream harris tweed - cognac shade herringbone I had made - a fairly unusual grey with brown under current trou makeup - cream shade

   cotton / linen, the obligatory Donegal & may even throw in a chocolate corduroy.   Yes, I agree the grain slows it down a lil bit

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrel42 View Post

Excellent choice indeed! Please post more pictures when you have them!

 

   thanks .... sure will


Edited by SoGent - 8/30/15 at 8:05pm
post #16559 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post
 

Thank you. That was extremely helpful. I think Im now more confident of going 41.5 on P2 and F last. Can anyone wearing a 7.5UK carmina rain comment? Thanks!

Carmina (Rain, Inca, Uetam, Forest): UK7,5

Carmina (Simpson): UK8 (worst fit)

Edward Green (888): UK8

Gaziano & Girling (MH71, TG73, GG06): UK8

Crockett & Jones (337, 348): UK7,5

Enzo Bonafè (946, 806): UK7,5

Vass (U): EU41,5 (best fit)

Vass (F): EU41

 

All standard width. Hope that helps.

post #16560 of 20271
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

Carmina (Rain, Inca, Uetam, Forest): UK7,5
Carmina (Simpson): UK8 (worst fit)
Edward Green (888): UK8
Gaziano & Girling (MH71, TG73, GG06): UK8
Crockett & Jones (337, 348): UK7,5
Enzo Bonafè (946, 806): UK7,5
Vass (U): EU41,5 (best fit)
Vass (F): EU41

All standard width. Hope that helps.
That was extremely helpful. Now it looks like I have to go 41 or 41.5 depending on the last.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)