or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...) - Page 1099

post #16471 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

@ThunderMarch I think we are both from Southeast Asia. I wear my shell even when it's raining. A good wet brushing at the end of the day in case it does get rained on. Our advantage is we don't get salt on our streets which is really what ruins leather.

 

Aye, I believe we are both from SG in fact. I guess for me I'm just really particular about what I wear for wet weather.

But thanks for your suggestion !

post #16472 of 20239

SG denizen here too. Haven't had much issue with my shells in rain. Just keep a brush at the office and you'll be fine

post #16473 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeath View Post

SG denizen here too. Haven't had much issue with my shells in rain. Just keep a brush at the office and you'll be fine

+1 - SG rain can be pretty intense but cordovan is a robust product and if you have cordovan uppers and a rubber sole (e.g. dainite) you'll have no problem with adverse weather. Just let them dry out slowly away from a heat source, use trees and make sure you store them somewhere with airflow so you don't get any mould growth.
post #16474 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

Aye, I believe we are both from SG in fact. I guess for me I'm just really particular about what I wear for wet weather.
But thanks for your suggestion !
I'm currently based out of Bn, and I've already given up predicting weather in this part of the world. I just try to make sure all my shoes are rubber soled or topied. To at least be ready for walking on wet pavement. Only those that are strictly formal are leather soles :-)

Im still happy we don't have salt on the streets.
post #16475 of 20239
Watchidiot & ThunderMarch I will be going to SG for a few weeks so definarely excited about that.
post #16476 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Watchidiot & ThunderMarch I will be going to SG for a few weeks so definarely excited about that.
You'll definitely enjoy! Are you there for F1 night race?
post #16477 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

You'll definitely enjoy! Are you there for F1 night race?
Holy crap how the heck did you know that? But yea & visiting few friends
post #16478 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Holy crap how the heck did you know that? But yea & visiting few friends
With hotel rates that time of the year the only reason one would go to Sg is for the race. Or business. Or both.
post #16479 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post


Holy crap how the heck did you know that? But yea & visiting few friends

I hope you have fun.

If you wish to try on my Enzo UK size 8, drop me a PM. You may also try on any shoe you wish.

post #16480 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post

I hope you have fun.
If you wish to try on my Enzo UK size 8, drop me a PM. You may also try on any shoe you wish.
Thank you sir you are very kind I will keep that in mind.
post #16481 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

With hotel rates that time of the year the only reason one would go to Sg is for the race. Or business. Or both.
Make sense bud.
post #16482 of 20239
So I pulled the trigger:

Double monkstrap model 1064, U last
Oxblood calfskin with silver buckle
270 degree flat welt in black with black edges
Single leather sole with rubber taps

Now the wait begins!! Very excited. Vass is my favorite.
post #16483 of 20239
Very nice peppercorn78 is mr k back yet? I placed a order for bal boot
post #16484 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Very nice peppercorn78 is mr k back yet? I placed a order for bal boot

Yes, he came back yesterday.
post #16485 of 20239
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Yes, he came back yesterday.
Thank you I am assuming he is bomb barded with email. I guess I,will wait few before emailing him.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)